Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ham purchasing a puppy from this kennel in Florida. Has anyone seen or heard anytning about them? any info would be appreciated.

:wavey:

Kristina

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Just from their web site they look like another back yard breeder that breeds their females to their own males for the express purpose of creating and selling puppies. They do absolutely no sport or competition with their dogs, they only breed them. And a big problem is that they also don't do all of the recommended health testing.

We get a LOT of people on here asking about certain breeders. The problem is that they always ask AFTER they are mentally committed to purchasing a puppy. Most of the time if it's not a good breeder then the person who asked about them gets very angry, defensive, upset, and often leaves the forum. Please just try to remember, the people here will try to give you their honest opinions, because YOU asked them to. If you decide to go with a different breeder, the people here will be more than helpful in giving you recommendations.

There are a lot of very good breeders to choose from, and even more bad ones. A nice web site does not make a good breeder.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
No personal experience.........but I looked at their site, and I think they look like nice dogs. Looks like working lines, lots of Sch titles in the pedigrees. Also looks like health testing is done.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Thanx for this post Julie. I think that the last person who inquired about a breeder and who got some cautious and negative feedback had probably made a financial and emotional commitment to a pup and, as you offered, may have gotten upset with the opinions presented because they weren't favorable.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
No personal experience.........but I looked at their site, and I think they look like nice dogs. Looks like working lines, lots of Sch titles in the pedigrees. Also looks like health testing is done.
This is what is so sad about these nice web sites, they can fool people that don't know any better. There are some titles back in their dogs pedigrees, but almost any dog will have that. But there are pet quality dogs in every litter, both working and show alike, and they shouldn't be bred. If you don't compete with your dogs in whatever venue they are bred for, and all you do is keep them around the house as pets, then you have no business breeding them and marketing them as good prospects for that sport. Anybody can buy a pet quality puppy out of two champion parents, that doesn't make that pet quality puppy good enough to be bred just because of the quality of his parents.

And they do NOT do proper health testing. They list one male on their site, and the only health testing he has listed as being done is OFA. Out of the 4 females they have listed, they list one has having vWD testing, one as having been OFA'd, and the other two nothing at all. That is NOT proper health testing.

Again, nice web site though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the insight

No I'm not going to get upset. i appreciate any insight you all can give:beer:
Im glad you all responded so fast!!!!

K. Donaldson

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
And they do NOT do proper health testing. They list one male on their site, and the only health testing he has listed as being done is OFA. Out of the 4 females they have listed, they list one has having vWD testing, one as having been OFA'd, and the other two nothing at all. That is NOT proper health testing.

I think there's a direct correlation to how much testing had been done on these bitches prior to purchase and how much testing ever gets done...the bitch who has had the most testing clearly had that testing done in Europe-you can tell by the way the results are reported (HD-B, etc.) It looks like once these people get the dogs in this country, very little effort or expense is put into doing any testing.

I think Julie is right, these are "coat tail" breeders, using the accomplishments of dogs in prior generations in some futile effort to try to "prove" the value of the dogs they're breeding. It just doesn't work like that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
sorry, but i think these people are just putting their two dogs together. the proper health testing is not done and they probably spit out pups too often.

keep searching please! also, keep asking. most people on here are very knowledgeable of the breed and on choosing a good breeder.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I ham purchasing a puppy from this kennel in Florida. Has anyone seen or heard anytning about them? any info would be appreciated.

:wavey:

Kristina

Kristina

Are you looking specifically for breeders in Florida. If so I would check out the DPCA.org web site. They can offer some fantastic breeders and I know a few reputable breeders in Florida that health test and have champion lines. Just PM me if you want their web sites.

Happy puppy searching.
Christine
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts