Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
champagenedobermans.com - Sarah Champagene - Champagene Dobermans

DO NOT TRUST HER

Sarah sold me a dog with huge contract protecting her. She sent me a dog with 18 inch surgury scar, my vet thinks from a car tire. She said nothing of this huge injury. She states huge scar is not pre existing injury, and once dog ships no full or partial returns. She claims dog was healthy and huge surgury scar does not make dog unhealthy. She says try massaging huge scar maybe the hair will grow back over it. She says sorry you are unhappy, but contract says no refunds once dog leaves her property.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Did you get a puppy or an adult? 18 inches would be a very long scar for a puppy.
Did you see your dog/puppy before you took possession?

Sorry this is happening to you:(

·
Got mutt?
13,645 Posts
I just took a quick look at her website. The sire and dam of the puppy they are currently offering for sale are oversized. There is also no mention of health testing other than HD. :( OP, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the health problems in the breed, but I suggest that you visit the DPCA website to learn about the most common problems. Especially if the breeder told you that European dogs are healthier than North American dogs (they're not, by the way). DPCA | The Doberman | Health

Oh, and she also breeds "rare" Bulldogs. Which is just a fancy way of saying that she breeds dogs in non-standard colors, like tricolor.

·
Pro Snake Wiggler
2,267 Posts
Holy bulldog byb. 4.5k for a non standard dog with no titles or health testing on the parents. That's highway robbery

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Another Euro greeder. It's become such a cliche'.

Why is it nearly none of them can spell or proofread?

OP, got pics of your dog's injury?

Shame, for the dog's sake, you cannot find out the medical history.

·
Banned
948 Posts
champagenedobermans.com - Sarah Champagene - Champagene Dobermans

She sent me a dog with 18 inch surgury scar... She said nothing of this huge injury. ...She states huge scar is not pre existing injury....
:rolleyesww:

Unfortunately, the Veterinarian who signed the Health Certificate, should be the one you contact.
Is this the same puppy who was examined by a Vet and cleared for travel the same pup that was sent to you?

I find it highly unlikely that a Veterinarian would "stamp" a puppy/dog cleared for air travel with an open 18 inch surgical scar that is "not healed over."

And, you wrote, "she states huge scar is not a pre existing injury..."
:rolleyesww:

If the injury occurred in flight, and accidents do happen, then it would be a wound, and not a scar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts