Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish us luck!! I am taking Rommel and Piper on Wed evening to try and get their CGC. (Hopefully it won't rain)

We didn't take any of the classes, but I have read the requirements on the AKC website and hopefully they will both pass with flying colors.

I wish my camera wasn't broken I would get pictures, or a video, DARN! :)

Anyway, wish us luck!!!! :3dbiggrin

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Good luck!! and make sure pictures are taken...please.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Good luck--I didn't know there were classes for the CGC--although now that I think about it I guess I have heard about people taking them.

Since the requirements for the CGC are pretty straightforward and based on general household type training if your dog can walk more or less with you and will sit or down and stay where put when you ask it and come when called, you should be able to pass the CGC with both of them.

I haven't "trained" any of my dogs for a CGC--they all have them except for the newest puppy but I teach them all sit, down and stand stays as part of my desire to live in peace among the milling herd of Dobermans. And they all come when called--since they all start out as show dogs leaving them with a stranger holding them isn't a problem either. I always sort of hold my breath and hope we don't have any long straight stretches to walk since a couple of them have been big time pullers if I haven't already actually started training an obedience style heel.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Be sure you take some PICTURES!! we expect them:dancing_b

Wish you all the luck you can get! It sure will work out well

·
Banned
675 Posts
I took Mic thru a class for the CGC, the last session of the class they held the test. He's the only dog I've taken to a class first, the others I just took them. I took Radar to the first one I heard about that I could get to, he had a CD already and didn't have a problem with it, he was 13 at the time. Also Skye took it cold and passed when she was 10, and Hayley took it the same way and passed. Mic passed too, but I thought he needed the class first.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Luck be with you! :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Good luck BiB,Piper & Rommel,from me and the girls,bark(Tia)bark(Amber)bark(Chelsie)bark,screech ,run round like crazy(Mischa the mischief)

·
Registered
986 Posts
BIB, that's great and I'm jealous! Good luck to you and the kids, though I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors...

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Oh you, piper, and rommel will do awesome!!! I need to get around to taking duchess to get hers...coco would never pass :( good luck! but I think they will do great regardless :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Good luck!!! The kids are going to do GREAT!!! As soon as you're done, RUN HOME AND LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!

**Rooting for Piper and Rommel**

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Everyone! I am excited and a little nervous (silly huh) I know they are more than capable of doing everything on the list (and do....daily pretty much).....but you just never know :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Good luck BIB! I'm sure they will do great. Ashers supposed to be taking his Wednesday evening also. :) I don't know if we will be going though yet. We will see how he feels then. We might wait until the next testing. So I can understand how you feel. I am totally worried he will do something off and act like an idiot. But I have faith that they will make you proud.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts