Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally got them in the mail, and I got them framed. They are nicer than I expected. Thought I would share the pictures. Maybe a motivation for everyone to go get a CGC :D

Rommels....

and Pipers.....

:3dbiggrin

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
They sure will look good in their new room
I agree they are going to look awesome in the room! :) I think rommel and piper need a poster of all their friends at dobermantalk in there too!!hehe

that is awesome! Are you going to continue to work to earn titles with them both? there room would be full of awards im sure! :)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am working with Rommel in Schutzhund still. My goal is to do a BH with him in March at Regionals. Our club is hosting Regionals this year, so I think it would be pretty cool to do it then, but only if I feel like we are ready. He will be right at 15 months at the time of the trial, which is the minimum age to do a BH. Maybe after the BH I will try and do some AKC obedience with him. We will go as far as he possible in Schutzhund, who knows how far that will be. I plan on doing his AD, but I think I am going to go off somewhere to another trial to do it, because if not I will have to wait until next December, and I think he will be ready for it before then. Plus I think it would be fun to go to another state, another club...and so on. I would love to do the WAC with him, I need to find out when they are holding one near me.

Piper is pretty much our pet. She is obedient as a pet, I think with some work I could compete with her, and I may in the future, but right now Rommel has been my focus. Because Schutzhund has 3 phases, it takes up ALOT of time. Piper has NO intrest in Schutzhund at all, but I may do a BH with her. She is not big on tracking, she will do it, but only if she is hungry, and I am not going to force her to do something that she doesnt enjoy, even a little. So to awnser your question............yes, hopefully. :)

OH! Also, we have a spayed female GSD that is coming to stay with us for 4 months. Her name is Whiskey, her mom is going to Switzerland and so we are going to keep her while she is gone. I might try to do a CGC with her also, she is a great dog, and her and my dogs get along great, we are excited to have her. She is coming on the 26th. Pictures to follow :D

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
They look really nice in the frames,and don't forget if having an extra dog for 4 months gets too much you can always send Rom to me for a while i'm sure he would have loads of fun with the girls :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
They look great BIB. Their room will fill up quickly.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
WTG Piper and Rommel!! I wanted to frame Lex's so bad! I had set it on the breakfast bar when I received it, and go figure DH set his coffee cup on it :( :( :( It has a lovely coffee ring on it now. I wonder if I can order a new one? ( seriously can you believe I'm still married?)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm sure you probably could get another one

but you would have to pay for it. Just call AKC.
Lexus said:
WTG Piper and Rommel!! I wanted to frame Lex's so bad! I had set it on the breakfast bar when I received it, and go figure DH set his coffee cup on it :( :( :( It has a lovely coffee ring on it now. I wonder if I can order a new one? ( seriously can you believe I'm still married?)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Wow amazing they do look beautiful....congrats!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Very, very nice, BIB. When (if) we get ours, we'll do the same so thanks for the pic, though I'm certain Oscar would rather just eat it, since paper is extra yummy, esp. when torn up into itty bitty pieces when I'm not looking.

·
Registered
321 Posts
They look great! How old were Rommel & Piper when you took the test? I would love to do it, but Reese's behavior at 5 months makes me wonder if he'll ever be ready. LOL Ah, he just hopped up in chair beside me and is sitting like such a gentleman. I swear he knows when I talk bad about him.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone :D Like I said.....they were way nicer than I expected them to be!

Lexus- I think you can order a new one for $5

JD- Rommel was 9 months, and Piper was 21 months. BUT......there was a 4 month old Rottie there who went first, and he out did all of the dogs there! Long Down, Sit Stay, Heeling....everything was perfect! He really set the standard for the day, it was adorable watching him and his handler.

·
Registered
275 Posts
4 months old seems to be pretty young to brand a dog as a "good citizen".

What happens when he grows up a bit, starts hanging out with the wrong crowd? His parents will give him more independence because of the promise he showed at such a young age. Maybe his friends will start smoking so he starts smoking (behind his parents back), then the smoking escalates to drinking, then drinking to drugs. Then some day they'll need some drug money so they'll hold up a liquour store, the clerk will try and be a hero and Boom! our rottie friend will be forced to react and someone gets hurt or killed. The good citizen lost his way....and it's too late to find his way back.

We can only hope that the training he had at 4 months old will help him to make the right decisions when he's older...

Wow, I've been watching too much Dateline. :emo8:

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dobedad said:
4 months old seems to be pretty young to brand a dog as a "good citizen".

What happens when he grows up a bit, starts hanging out with the wrong crowd? His parents will give him more independence because of the promise he showed at such a young age. Maybe his friends will start smoking so he starts smoking (behind his parents back), then the smoking escalates to drinking, then drinking to drugs. Then some day they'll need some drug money so they'll hold up a liquour store, the clerk will try and be a hero and Boom! our rottie friend will be forced to react and someone gets hurt or killed. The good citizen lost his way....and it's too late to find his way back.

We can only hope that the training he had at 4 months old will help him to make the right decisions when he's older...

Wow, I've been watching too much Dateline. :emo8:
:muha: :bouncesgr

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
bleh60 said:
wow, they look beautiful! I want one now! lol.

are they for purebred dogs only? what about akc registration?
It's for mixed breeds too! Absolutely!

And pups can take the test, they just have to be old enough to have had their vaccinations ( I don't see that they are specific on a certain age), although they recommend retaking the test when they are adults, as personality and temperment can change.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts