Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be attending her clinics Sat & Sunday in Arvada, Colorado. Private lesson with her on Monday. I am so looking forward to this! Will post updates after the seminars.

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would reccomend this seminar to anyone. She put out so much information on everything from heeling to flyball. Her methods and problem solving were outstanding and being able to watch her experienced dog was amazing. She says she is working on a dvd and I will sure buy it when it comes out. On some subjects, I was trying so hard to listen, I forgot to take notes. I think an audit spot would have been more suited to me as I wouldn't have to worry about a dog, but it was worth every penney and more. The seminar was $200. for 2 days and the private lesson is $85. I can't remember what the audit spots cost.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Can't wait to hear how it goes!

That would be great! I hate it when members tell us about these things and then never come back to tell how it went and what happened. Thanks again!:)
Every time!!!! :screama:

Reactions: Cathy43

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In one lesson, she got Emily to driving while heeling. It just gave me goosebumps to watch my dog do that. She looked like a dressage horse doing an extended trot. Butt down, shoulders up. Have a lot of work to do. I wish I was closer to New Hampshire:(

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
In one lesson, she got Emily to driving while heeling. It just gave me goosebumps to watch my dog do that. She looked like a dressage horse doing an extended trot. Butt down, shoulders up. Have a lot of work to do. I wish I was closer to New Hampshire:(
That is awesome!!! It is the best feeling in the world to glance down and see your dog heeling like that. The dressage horse comment is an excellent way to explain it too! Sounds like you had a great time.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
so what did she tell you to change/do?

i've seen her, but instead of invigorating i found her extremely inflexible and unable to modify any of her training to accomodate a dog that wasnt able to perform that method - mine was simply because of size (he's huge, im short). other people (like bridget carlsen and denise fenzi) on the other hand ive found refreshing and even when ive brought a virtual mystery to them, have been able to offer me help - even if it was something they had never seen before. i appreciate offering novel ideas, rather than trying to get my dog to conform to something he wont ever be.

either way, im glad you enjoyed it and would be interested to know what she said. i only did one day with her.

Reactions: Cathy43

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Head position on Emily was always looking in at me when she wasn't distracted, which in turn, pushed her butt out. Leash work and head position was most of private lesson. This will be an interesting aspect comparing B. Carlson as our obedience club is tryin to get Bridgette to come to Ft. Collins next year so I will be able to compare the two. Emily was/is doing this because she had to, I felt, not because she wanted to. For the first time she acted like she wanted to be in the ring. And all the private lessons and group lessons that I have put in over the last 2 1/2 years was not accomplishing that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts