Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for an update...I was curious as to a breeders puppies and emailed them. When I asked about health testing the reply I got was:

"European dobermans due not carrie a lot of diseases like the Canada or American lines please visit my website as we have had dobermans for 39 years
thank you Arista"

http://www.celebritypupspro.com/

So in other words, none.

I was asking about Von Willebrand specifically and if either of the parents where carriers, they dodge my question completely with the above reply.

Needless to say I won't be purchasing a pup from there, just wanted to give anyone else from Ontario a heads up.

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yup. Copied and pasted that directly from my inbox. Apparently the father is registered and the mother is not, yet they think to advertise as a kennel...isnt that illegal somehow?

I only specifically asked for vWD the first time...emailed back asking about vWD again and holter test results. Maybe I should ask for all the test results specifically one by one, get the answers and post them.

I also asked them if they even knew the vWD status of the breeding pair...so we'll see if they even both to reply or if my well educated questions make them angry.

PS Should I post this to the Canada specific forum?

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Yup. Copied and pasted that directly from my inbox. Apparently the father is registered and the mother is not, yet they think to advertise as a kennel...isnt that illegal somehow?

I only specifically asked for vWD the first time...emailed back asking about vWD again and holter test results. Maybe I should ask for all the test results specifically one by one, get the answers and post them.

I also asked them if they even knew the vWD status of the breeding pair...so we'll see if they even both to reply or if my well educated questions make them angry.

PS Should I post this to the Canada specific forum?
If you're asking questions about specific health testing...you're not their target demographic :nana:

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha no doubt! Was curious because of the kijiji ad, and decided to email.

No sorry I would not like to pay out the A** for a best friend that'll die at 4 of cardio issues

·
Censored
716 Posts
oh BYBs and their spelling / grammatical errors.... I was just scrolling down on their homepage and loved the part how they are owned by their bengal cats and doberman pinschers....
I think their site reads "...owned by are bengal cats and doberman pinschers"
1. This hurts my head
2. If they are in fact breeding "Euro" dobes then why did they write doberman pinscher and not Dobermann....
I honestly am mortified by spelling / grammatical errors. I get that English probably isn't their first language, which is okay but I am definitely not okay with their BYB breeding practices. European dobes do not carry a lot of diseases????? Hah!
what a :censored2: line of :censored2:
If I would have known that Euro dobes seem to be MORE predisposed to cardio than American and Canadian lines then I would have steered clear! I know a lot more since coming to DT.
I am definitely under the notion that since European dobes come mainly from Eastern European countries and Russia, there is way less health testing due to lack of resources. I have been told this and seen this first hand.
Next doberman will come from a breeder who is on the DPCA's longevity list... A LOT!

·
Censored
716 Posts
IT IS A PERSONS RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT QUALITIES THEY WANT IN A LIFE LONG COMPANION. AND IT IS THE BREEDERS RIGHT AND PRIVILEGE TO CHOOSE WHICH STANDARDS ARE MOST IMPORTANT TO IT'S OFF SPRING, BE THE SIZE, HEALTH, TEMPERAMENT OR COLOR THAT IS WHY WE ARE ALL DRAWN TO DIFFERENT BREEDS.

pulled straight from the website... and this breeder does this by NOT health testing?????

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like how it says Cancer is the #1 killer of dogs and people on their website. Not only is that factually inaccurate, it's ironic that they don't health test their dogs.

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The website also says they want $1,500 a pup...wow. So you aren't going to health test, but you're going to pocket the extra cash and not give a crap about what happens down the road. If they did they'd test

"I HOPE THAT FOR MYSELF AND MY CHILDREN.
BEING A REPUTABLE BREEDER WILL MEAN
I CARE FOR MY DOGS EMOTIONALLY AND
PHYSICALLY. AND THAT I CAN RESPECT MY
CLIENTS ENOUGH TO WANT AS MUCH FOR THEIR DOGS
AS I WOULD FOR MY OWN."

So no health testing and the bitch is unregistered and they think they're a reputable breeder?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts