Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know many of you think your dobermans are safe to be with your cats... I'm sorry you have all been misinformed...

Such a combination in your household *may* result in a bullied doberman :tongue23:

Such was the case with poor Lexus... P

Okay DOG I'm warning you.... Take a hike....

I'm GOING to smack your nose! (hehe he did too!)

Awwwh look at Bailey's widdle toes all stretced out!

"Don't look now DOG but I think our human has been getting pictures of us... this will not go unpunished..."

"Dad, he SMACKED me right on my nose! Aren't you going to do SOMETHING about it???"

Hehehe, usually at this point Lex gets tired of being manhandled by a cat, and she gets up and starts trying to swat him with her paw... that results in Lucifer, err I mean Bailey latching on to her leg and biting! The whole thing ends with Lexus whining and coming to momma for help!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I think she might be Bailey's dog???

I don't know how to be politcally correct with cross species interation! He never hooks her so, it's all in fun!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That is cute. My guys love to terrorize the cats. Mainly Doodle loves to play tag. He chases and the cat "tags" him. Then he runs and the cat chases him. Asher learned his lesson once that all cats aren't the same and has a scar on his nose to prove it. He ran into a barn cat at my grandparents farm sometime ago and tried the tag game. The cat didn't appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awwww! so cute! the closest duchess gets calmy to the cats...is if she wants to get up and sniff their butt lol.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Thats it i have seen enough!if you can't stop the dogs being bullied you need to send them somewhere that has no cats(like my house).

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Those are great pictures, I hope ******* will be like that one day with Smokey.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
It amazes me that your dogs like cats. My dog sees one and if she wasn't on a leash the cat would be dead. I am not joking, it is the only time my dog won't listen and pulls till choking herself, barking with her hair on end. Not a pretty site. This is the dog that catches birds and kills them in the air if they fly to low. (seriously)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Don't fell bad waiting my Guy has only encountered wild cats since I got him so he tries to catch them. I'd be afraid to get a cat. I'd have to be very careful introducing them.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
waiting said:
It amazes me that your dogs like cats. My dog sees one and if she wasn't on a leash the cat would be dead. I am not joking, it is the only time my dog won't listen and pulls till choking herself, barking with her hair on end. Not a pretty site. This is the dog that catches birds and kills them in the air if they fly to low. (seriously)

Well the cats (three of them anyway) were here before Lexus and Harley, so that makes a world of difference. Scrappy was the only one that didn't have cats in house before her, but she was raised with a bunny:)

It getting to be a huge pain when I dogsit Lex's mom, b/c she just SO intent on the cats. Her longest stay was like a week, and not once in that whole time did she lose the focus on the cats. Actually that's why Shellbie (my little tabby) came to live with me, my dad found her in Clev. and Dahma threw up such a fit, chewing things up, deficating on the floor, so I took Shellbie.

LOL in this one, the dogs sleep on the floor b/c the cat gets the dog bed :)

Keli is (sadly) declawed, but NO ONE messes with her ;) Lest they shall receive a padded beating upside their snout :)

I've got to just wear the camera around my neck, I swear, b/c when Lex and Bailey play and Lex swats at him with her clodhopper feet, she will also gently put her mouth around him. He never gets scared, just sits up on his haunches and gives her a good kitty beating. But he is never viscious to her, or vice versa.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I notice that Scrappy is one of those neighbors that doesn't get involved when abuse is going on, nooooooooo, looks like Scrappy would rather pretend to not see but sneak a peak on occasion and if truth be known he is probably silently cheering Bailey on.

Brum, I think we better rescue Lexus.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
All of those pictures were so cute. I liked them all. Our cats do not care for Tamora at all. Copper they think is ok. This is a pictue of Tamora with Muffin (our 16 year old cat) This is how she escapes Tamora when enough is enough.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
LOL, great pictures...Such tolerance...Our girl was brought up with our three cats, knowing she is at the bottom of that pack. If she pays too much attention to them, they have no problem taking a swipe at her. I hear the same thing you do, A big whinning doberman, usually running away to mom or dad.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I was gonna say that Scrappy looks relieved to be left out of the abuse!!

It's so good to know that you all have whiners too, I was beginning to fear for Orson's "tough dog" appearance! He will "whine to tattle" when someone is in his spot, playing with something he wants, goes outside without him, doesn't go to bed when he wants too............I could keep typing a list a mile long. I am sure if we had cats he would "tattle" on them as well!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Hey Lexus' Mom,
Is Scrappy the yeller one? I've got one that looks a lot like her. I got mine out of the back of a pick up truck somewhere in GA. I don't remember the closest town. I had gone to look at and buy a puppy in Summerville, but they weren't taken care of, so on the way back I stopped for a cold drink and some guy had about 10 pups giving them away, etc., etc. Any way she weighs about 53 lbs., about 19 in.tall and is solid yeller, except she had the lighter dobie like markings, but now the lines are blurring and becoming less distinct as she greys. When I'm telling anyone about her, I just refer to her as one of those "ole yeller dogs you see around" and everyone instantly know what I am talking about. I never really noticed them till I got her and "VOILA", all of a sudden, I say them everywhere. Someone in the park told me she looked like Old Yeller. But her ears are like Scrappys'.
She is the best little dog I have ever seen. Just worships me, minds, never does a wrong thing, except she used to dig these little holes about five inches deep in the yard. I saw on Nat Geo this was a trait of the Carolina Dog.
Anyway, what is the story on Scrappy?
Cute pics of Bailey and Lexus.:cool2:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks Linda :)

Scrappy was my husbands dog before I met him. It's actually kind of a sick tale.... he had just gotten divorced, and at the time he was renting this house. He bought the house right after the divorce. His ex is a very angry, ugly person. She got Scrappy from a neighbor or something as a little pup, for the kids at her apt. to be the "good guy" but told them they had to take Scrappy to their Dad's house, knowing (or she thought she knew) that he rented this house and wasn't allowed to have animals and would be forced to get rid of her and be the "bad guy" to the kids. Guess it backfired on her.... she constantly played games trying to screw with him and his relationship with the boys. LOL, then she took off and didn't see the kids for two years until he filed for support, GRREEAATTT mom huh?

Angry as he was at her, he loved that little snotty dog :) And she stayed. She *can* be a good dog, but she can be SO obnoxious! Especially since she's getting older now. She doesn't always have so much patience for Lexus ;)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Yes, exs can be such lovely people. Mean of her, but got the pup a good home in the long run. That probably still whizzes her off. She sounds like a wonderful, stable example for the kids. Hope she is married again and making someone else miserable. Bet she's delighted with you.:dancing_b
Sorry, he got the obnoxious one, guess I got the good one. But all dogs are their own little selves, as you know. Poor Lexus, somehow I think she will come out of it ok though.
All I know is that someone needs to find the father of all the little dogs and neuter him pronto. He sure gets around.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts