Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cauda Equina Syndrome - Just until about 6 months ago I had never heard of this, I have heard of wobblers,CVI but not this before. A friend was showing me a pedigree and one of the dog's COD was euthanized because of C.E.S. then looking at other C.O.D in working dog pedigrees in Europe I saw a handful more of dogs that were Injured and usually euthanized because most of the dogs ended up paralyzed. For a couple of weeks I took care of an Imported Bracco Italiano- Italian Bracco- Neutered male who had went down him really fast. I had to hold this dog's back end up and be his "legs" to take him out, or to see the dr in the Treatment room. My back was shot, after 3 weeks of carrying this dog, here and there for 5 days a week. He was 92lbs. The reason He was at my work medical boarding was because him owner was getting back and stomach surgery and was in the hospital. I'm glad she didn't have to see her dog the way he was in the end. He went home for one night than they brought him back and I sat with him and his owners while we euthanized him. He was wobbly, Nauseated, weak and very uneasy and floppy like a newborn foal. This is my only personal experience with it, and it worries me because their isn't a whole lot known on this disease.
So any experiences with dobermans and this disease would be great.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts