Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have cats that are not de-clawed and Dobes living inside your home together?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I have two cats that are NOT declawed that were living with us before we got Duchess and Coco(just a reminder coco is not a dobe...but likes to pretend to be...)
It was a little rough at first...just cause duch was a puppy and wanted to chase them...but the cats learned not to run away...and we had cases of the cat that is more shy batting duch in the face...but never used their claws much if any at all...no visible scratches ever atleast... Now the cats will walk around and strut their stuff and duchess will just eagerly go say hello by sniffing charlies butt lol...or if charlie the cat is laying down...he may be in for a good ear cleaning by duchess lol. too cute.

·
Registered
953 Posts
When I brought Bruno home I did have a 5yr old cat not de-clawed. Although Bruno ALWAYS wanted to play. They did get along good. Even slept side by side :) But Oscar is gone now :(

I was thinking of getting another. Because Bruno was so good with Oscar. But figured that's because Oscar was here first. But then Bruno is really good with the cats at the vet office. So I'm still unsure. I do want another cat tho. I love em :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I have anywhere from 5-9 not-declawed cats and two that are declawed (vet offered it and me not knowing how cruel it was ten years ago accepted it) living with my dobe and other two dogs.

Edited to change the number of cats!!!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
two dobes and two cats, and all have their claws (including rah with dewclaws)

·
Registered
68 Posts
We have a Ragdoll, Sydney, she is not declawed. Lucy is a little too hyper and happy for Miss. Syd but they are working on it. My first dobe Kaysi was here with the cat and they were very close. Sydney bats Lucy in the face as well and has even chases her once in awhile but never uses her nails.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
All my Dobermans have lived with clawed cats.

My first boy Max learned some very important lessons from Sundance's claws.

I can't remember which cat it was that scratched Cole's eyeball. I had him at the vets 20 minutes later so fortunately it healed nicely and it didn't leave an ugly scar.

The dogs in time learn not to be so obnoxious to the cats. Cole still plays with my 16 year old cat and occasionally gets the tip of a nail stuck in his snout.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
We had a fully armed cat for 19 yrs and she trained all my dobes from the off,sadly she died last year so she is not around to train Mischa.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Three cats with claws here, including 2 12 week old kittens who fear nothing! These two little wild men will walk ON the dogs if the dogs are lying where they want to be. Cyrus loves them and you can frequently find the two kittens curled up with him someplace to sleep.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Tough to do - if I move, Cyrus moves. I can't even get up to go to the bathroom without him getting up. But, here's some pictures of "the boys" -- Havoc & Ruckus

·
Registered
606 Posts
Jazz just wants to play, but Jay hates both the dogs.
He beats the livin snot out of them, but doesnt leave a mark. LOL

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have two cats as well. both still have their claw intact. For the most part they just leave eachother along, but sometimes if i yell to get the cat to stop tearing apart the furnature, King will chase them down the hallway. And on the odd time, my HUGE male will scratch King as he walk by. King just thinks he wants to play so he starts making funny noises and opens up his mouth and puts it over my male cats head. its pretty funny to watch.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I have three fully clawed cats. My cats don't use their claws when they play with the dogs. Funny thing is that they are used to it. So when we went to my grandparents farm to run, the barn cats came out to meet us. Asher has a lovely scar on his nose from sniffing one of them. They only chase them when the cats provoke it. Unless Doodle gets too excited. Most of the time, they will snuggle up and sleep together. They love to rub their bums in their faces. lol.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have a dobe, a GSD and 2 declawed cats....My cats could care less about the dogs unless Sabot decides he wants to play with them....I believe if they did have claws they would have used them on him on a couple of occasions....I see my cats rubbing up on both dogs every once in a while though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ava lives with six cats and their claws. She's really awesome with all the cats and enjoys joining in their games, snuggling with them and following them through the house. The best is to watch them play with the laser pointer together. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts