Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of your Dobies like catching flys... I mean the real ones. Suzy zeroes in on one if it gets into the house and tracks the darn thing until it is up against the window then she pounces. Most of the time she stuns it giving me time to come and kill it. A few times she caught it and ate it...yuk. Should I be worried about her eating them? I try to discourage her but she does it before I can stop her. One more thing to add to her list of catching things, mice, snakes, crickets and now flys. Whats a momma to do??? LOL

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Chi is pretty useless (as Mark likes to say) when it comes to catching bugs - She leaves that chore up to YoYo the cat :) She did catch and kill a gecko once, but I don't think she was trying to kill it so much as trying to figure out what it was... Very sad and slightly gross - I went to pick it up (with a long broom and dust pan) and realized it was still a little alive... Get squirmy just remembering it! Poor gecko got a burial "at sea"....
Petri is fond of trying to catch the shrews but he also ignores flies or spiders... FYI, shrews make really horrible sounds when a 10 pound Chihuahua mix pounces on them! :)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Eww Rommel is bug eater also. He trys to eat anything that moves. Bugs, Frogs, anything yucky! Piper actually brought me a frog, we have those little tiny tree frogs, about the size of a quarter....hundreds of them...so I guess Piper thought she would bring me one (a gift, right??) it was disgusting.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Da'Kari will chase after any bug she sees but loves to go after ants. She eats the ants but they must move in her mouth cause she jerks her head and spits it out and then gets it again and eventually eats it. Nash follows suit when he see's her but doesn't pay a lot of attention if he is on his own.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Yordi always do that, even a bee, I the summer I have to watch him all the time, cause the bee are in the passieflower in the garden.
But flys he catch them and eat them sometimes yuk:tongue23:

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
The only one is Amber she is totally paranoid about flies she never seems to catch them but not for want of trying! I feel a little guilty really bcuz when i want to tease her i make a buzzing noise and tickle her ears and she bites my hand(only in play she has never hurt a fly)no pun intended.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Reese loves to catch bugs. He will go after anything but his favorite is lightning bugs. He can catch more than my kids. I ran in the house for just a few minutes a couple of weeks ago and he removed the heads off some locusts while I was gone. No more alone time for him!

·
Registered
891 Posts
DOBERMAN BUG HUNTER!!!!....Gadget was the supreme bug hunter and mole digger. Grace could some what care less. Now PeeWee is very skilled at lizard and skink hunting, she likes to pull the legs off. And a grand bug hunter, she likes to "play" with them, fun ones are the jar flies, extra large beetles and huge moths!!! and yes she loves to catch flys.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess can care less about bugs...Today she went in the dining room to lay down on the hardwood floor in the sun...and there was a ladybug right by her in between her front legs...she sniffed it...and ignored it. My cats do the bug hunting job.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Mensa's a bug-hound. She'll chase anything that moves. Blowing leaves, trash, shaddows. She went after a Road-Runner today.

A couple days ago she chased a cockroach for about a half a block while I was walking her down-town.

Yesterday I saw her catch a fly with her mouth. It looked to me like she had done that before.

Last night the whole gang were playing a sort of rugby game with either a small rat or a big mouse for a ball on my back deck for about a half-hour.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts