Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mid-Atlantic Hound Association is hosting a Coursing Ability Test (CAT) March 10th and 11th in Apex, NC. The CAT is a pass/fail test over a continuous loop course of 600 yards. Most Dobes LOVE the game! More information is on the AKC website American Kennel Club - Performance Events - Coursing Ability Test.

It takes 3 passes to get a CA title. I have yet to see a Dobe that was not interested. I almost need a second handler to help me take Coleson to the line, he is so, eh, enthusiastic!

I think to date we have 5 or 6 Dobes registered, it would be great to have a good Doberman turnout. No handler experience is necessary. ;)

The premium is available at https://sites.google.com/site/midatlantichoundassociation/Resources

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Hope to see some of you there!

Cyndi

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just did my first CAT test today with 2 of my girls - Asia, Ch. Emerald's Black Pearl; and Neela, Wyndem's Neela Kamal of Emerald. It was FUN! Both girls had never done this before; no training at all. Both girls had a great time and both of them qualified for their first leg toward their CA titles! I'd highly recommend going to one - even in the rain, wind, and mud, we had a great time!:D

Reactions: tomcat and Jenny

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I live in Hickory, NC and I think I am coming out with my two Dobermans for the test. Looking forward to it, I think it will be fuN!!

·
Got mutt?
13,824 Posts
I'm planning on taking Ilka to Florence, TX in March for the CAT put on by the Afghan Hound Club of Austin. That is, if her nails have grown back enough. She tore up a couple last week.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Ask and you shall receive!!!!

Tomorrow the local(ish) Kennel Club is having a Lure coursing seminar, and for 5$ they will let you run your dog!!!!!

Woot! I hope there is room for me tomorrow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts