Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have my brother in laws cat this week. She is a beautiful cat! I am falling in love with her and I don't think I will want to give her back. She has met Gracie and has beat the crap out of her a few times. (See what happens when Gracie doesn't listen to us?) No blood or anything thank god. She has also met one of my other cats, and attacked her without any warning at all. So I checked my cat over and she was bleeding a little bit from around her outer eye area. (Not inside the eye socket but on the outside. Does that make any sense at all?) So I cleaned up Rachel (my cat) and checked her over real good. The bleeding did stop after a few minutes. So I figured I would check her again before I freak out and rush her to the emergency vet an hour away. Her eye looked good, you could hardly see the scratch.

I have also been keeping a close eye on it yesterday and today as well. I looked at it this morning and now I can't find the scratch at all. Is it normal for them to heal this quick?

So now Kasey (BIL's cat is locked up in the spare bedroom again. I let her have roam of the house when my cats are sleeping in my bedroom. Which is only 3 or 4 hours of the day.

By the way Dobe Paws you would fall in love with this one. If you so much as look at her she starts to purr, and rub up agaisnt you. She loves everyone so much. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
What a bossy cat! Good luck with her for the week! And you HAVE to give her back....how else will you have room for the new doberman??

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
There's always room for one more!!! My quota (pretty strictly enforced by Mark:) is 3. Try as I might, I can not convince him that it should be 3 of each though LOL
Not to hijack your thread GM, but I have a crazy cat story. My mom called yesterday to tell me what Casper did on Christmas day. (in case you don't remember, Casper is the HUGE ragdollish type cat that we found in North Dakota last year and they were supposed to be babysitting during our move here but ended up keeping, for what it's worth, he's weighing in at 20.5 pounds now)
Casper loves to go outside but he's declawed and we've never been one to allow our cats to roam. So, he wears a harness, I used to walk him around the block when I had him, he heels better than any dog I've ever had LOL. My parents have a tie out on a runner for him but never leave him outside alone.
On Christmas afternoon, my mom was sitting on the back porch while he investigated the Lilac bush (his favorite thing) when the phone rang. She came in just for a second to answer the phone and then got sidetracked and forgot about him. My younger brother - Dennis - and his family came over about an hour later. As Dennis came to the back yard to put his dog in his makeshift kennel at "Grandma's house" he found Casper standing over the neighbors "tom cat" in a pool of blood. Dennis at first was scared that it was Casper's and rushed to the two animals. Casper stepped aside and the tom got up, evidently dazed and wobbly, and took off. Dennis tried to catch it, he recognized it as one of the neighbors many cats but it got away from him.
They checked Casper over but he was fine, not a scratch, and only had blood on his front paws (remember he's declawed). Now, Casper is good with other cats. He was an adult when I brought him into my house and immediately hit it off with Yo, my neutered Siamese. This other cat frequently comes close to our yard, but my mom said, he never, ever comes into the yard when Casper is out but the two will "talk" to each other from a distance.
My theory is that the cat was injured and strayed into our yard and Casper was checking him out. Doesn't it make sense that if there was a fight so bad to produce a pool of blood that somebody would have heard it. My mom was in the house but was in the kitchen with the back door open, she certainly would have heard a cat fight, especially considering that Casper is the most vocal cat on the face of the earth. And wouldn't you imagine that Casper would have blood on his face or hind paws if he inflicted the injuries on the other cat. He only had blood on his front paws which are declawed.... It just doesn't make sense to me... What do you think, oh wise cat lady???
They did go over and tell the neighbor what they saw and told she should find the cat and check him out... I don't know if she ever did or what became of the poor thing...

·
Registered
460 Posts
By the way Dobe Paws you would fall in love with this one. If you so much as look at her she starts to purr, and rub up agaisnt you. She loves everyone so much.
I'm sure I would! I don't meet many cats that I don't fall in love over. lol She sounds like a real sweetheart... I don't think I'd want to give her back either.

Tracy- That is a crazy story! Your theory would make sense because unless Casper were to bite the stray tom, inflict wound and then smack him with his paws, how else could he have gotten blood on them? I guess you may never know because neither one of them is talking :) I sure hope the stray cat is okay though... I hate to think of an injured animal out on his own like that. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts