Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I stumbled across this forum quite by accident and feel like Heaven's doors have opened.

I have a 14 yr old red dobe that I adopted from the pound when he was about 4 months old, he is now 14 years old and still counter surfs so he is doing well.

I also have a JR x Basenji x who knows what else, from the pound, we think he is about 4-5 years old but who knows when they come in as strays.
I had another red male who only made it to 9 years old, he came from a breeder with papers, and another black dobe that also came from the pound but he was diagnosed with advanced heartworm at his first checkup after adoption and he was only with us for 6 weeks. I'm just glad he got to feel love and experience a warm bed and good food, hugs, kindness before he died in my I found this forum, like minded doberlovers!
I will get posting on a few questions I have later

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!

Bless you for choosing to adopt.

a pound puppy dobe who is now 14 years and still counter surfing!!! Awesome!

Hugz to your furkids!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I will post pictures of my babies now :)

I have had a bad feeling about Fury and told the vet to triple check all his lumps and bumps and temp, heart etc.....today as he is due for vaccination. He has a temp of 39.5C (sorry don't know what that is in F :-( He's had a blood test and am now waiting for results, hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow morning. He's an anti biotics now and hopefully that's all it is, but they have prepared me for the possibility of lymphoma!
Anyway, I'm trying so hard to not just sit here and cry, because it may all be a false alarm......
Cassie x

·
Registered
826 Posts
Glad to hear nothings wrong, frightens the hell out of me when they seem sick.

Hey PerthDobe, welcome also :) I do like Vivians dogs a lot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts