Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dude will be 2 this summer and I was wondering if you guys recommend a cardiologist in my area.

How do Holter tests work? Do I need to see a Dr before the test or after the test to go over results? When do they do the echo? What is the process?

Thanks guys!

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Dude will be 2 this summer and I was wondering if you guys recommend a cardiologist in my area.

How do Holter tests work? Do I need to see a Dr before the test or after the test to go over results? When do they do the echo? What is the process?

Thanks guys!
You can search for a cardiologist by state here:

ACVIM

My dogs already see a cardiologist for regular echocardiograms (just as important as a 24 hour holter),so when I get holter results, I forward them to their doc for review. If you don't have a cardiologist, Alba medical will have their doc interpret the holter results for you for a fee, I think it's $80.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Where are you in CT.? Dr. Nancy Morris of Mass Vet Cardiology is in West Springfield, Mass.
They hold various clinics in the tri-state area.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
We do everything through our cardiologist (vs owning our own holter). For a holter appointment, it goes so:

We meet with the cardiologist and he does a routine exam and auscultation and then the staff will shave Niz's chest where the electrodes go and will put the electrodes and holter system on him. 24 hrs later, I take everything off, stuff it in the mail and it goes back to the cardiologist. Then the cardiologist calls me with the findings, we discuss it, and he emails me the full 10 page report. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Nancy Morris is having a clinic in Aug. so I will just wait for that. I even found a holter monitor to borrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts