Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just gave my puppy deposit to Cara dobermans out of ny. I have done some reading on here and other places, and Ray seems to have a good reputation. I have dealt only with his secretary at this point, but have good feelings about my dealings with them so far. I don't plan to get my pup for a while, so I plan to set up some sort of visit to his place sometime this summer. Any additional thoughts on Ray or his operation? I plan on this dog strictly being a family pet, and don't plan on showing or anything.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Congratulations!

I would be super excited if I was anticipating a Cara puppy. In fact, if my fiance were inclined to give me the green light, I'd beg for and hopefully buy one of the older boys he has available for sale now. They're beautiful dogs, and I haven't heard anything bad about the dogs or about Ray.

Hopefully others will chime in with their knowledge and experience!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should clarify that my deposit only puts me on the waiting list for a Cara puppy. I actually prefer to wait a while so that my family has a little more time to settle into our new home, and so my twins have a little bit of time to get bigger.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yea, Ray is the f'in man! Seriously. He's done as much for the Doberman in the USA as any other person in history. That's really no exaggeration.

Dogs are his passion and hobby. He has a sucessful business outside of dogs. The man has dedicted so much to the breed. I have nothing but the highest respect for Ray. Everything he does is for the betterment of the breed and the promotion of the Total Doberman concept.

BTW - I'm really not the kind of guy to fawn over another person, but Ray really has earned my admiration.

Reactions: Minichunks

·
Censored
716 Posts
I really like Cara Dobermans. He is definitely one of the breeders I would consider getting a puppy from in the near future.

I know you don't plan on showing or anything but maybe plan on getting into some sort of activity with your future puppy. I would with a Cara dobe :) I would be so eager to get that pup into tracking or agility and Ray would be an excellent mentor since so many of his dogs participate in dog-sports. You will have a blast!

·
Registered
222 Posts
My Brother has dealt with them & He had great experiences, Good people, GREAT dogs, and support.

Reactions: Minichunks

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
My girl, Sweep, is the second Dobermsan I have gotten from Ray. He has always been great with me and even gave me his cell phone number so he is only ever a phone call away. I LOVE his dogs! They have a lot of drive and are very intelligent but are also real love bugs. Both of mine have been lap dogs even as they aged and they relish being hugged and loved. One of the grest thingd about Ray is all deposit are refundable if you decided not to get a puppy or find one elsewhere. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My girl, Sweep, is the second Dobermsan I have gotten from Ray. He has always been great with me and even gave me his cell phone number so he is only ever a phone call away. I LOVE his dogs! They have a lot of drive and are very intelligent but are also real love bugs. Both of mine have been lap dogs even as they aged and they relish being hugged and loved. One of the grest thingd about Ray is all deposit are refundable if you decided not to get a puppy or find one elsewhere. Good luck to you!
It is experiences and stories like this that make me feel like I have gone to the right place in Caras. Though I have not talked to Ray himself, Gaye his secretary has been very helpful and knowledgeable of the way things work around there. As I mentioned before, I plan to make a trip there sometime this year to check things out and am fairly confident that I will like what I find. I am very excited to get my Doberpup, too bad I am going to have to wait so long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts