Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night hubby and I went out to get some last minute items for Thanksgiving dinner. On our way home we hit a deer. I don't even remember my husband hitting the deer. All I remember is jumping on his lap screaming and screaming. So I got out of the car to look at the damage. My side (passenger) is tore to crap. The front end is smashed, ripped, tore, dinged, and dented. The front quarter pannel is also smashed, along with my door, the back passenger door, and the rear quarter pannel. The glass on my window shaddered. I have a small cut on my hand and I am tore up mentaly about it. Thank God Gracie was not with us, and the fact that neither one of us got hurt. Except for a little scratch on my hand.

I feel like crap that we not only hit a deer but we also killed one. :cry: So now my brand new car that I got in March has to go in and have the whole side of the car replaced. :( I will also be calling my doctor tomorrow just to go in and get a check up, just to make sure that I am okay. Please say a little prayer for my husband and me that everything will be okay, not only tonight but when I go get checked out.

P.S. Sorry about my little rant or what ever this is. I just feel like all of you are friends and I can share my good and bad times with all of you!

Also Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
I hope everybody is alright. Its just tragic that that happened. We have an overpopulation problem in my areas with deers. Not a week can go by without seeing the results of a deer meet car thing. You will be in our prayers.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Katie, I'm glad to hear that you're okay! I know it stinks that your car needs to be repaired but just be thankful that you and your husband are okay!

Happy Thanksgiving too! :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am very thankful for that. If I would have had my seat belt on I would have had a face full of glass. The one time I don't have it on, probably saved me a trip to the ER.. :D I know it could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh my I pray that you and your hubby are alright. sorry about your car..Good luck at the doctors.. I bet you are pretty sore today.. I will keep you in my prayers today as I say grace at dinner...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sorry about your accident, but it's good that you both are ok. A deer jumped out in front of me several years ago, but I was in a full-sized van, so the damage was mostly to the deer. It did wreck my radiator, though. My wife's sister and her hubby ride a Harley, and one time a deer jumped down the side of a hill and jumped right onto them while they were on the Harley! Tore up the bike, and scraped them up some (nothing really serious) but the deer shook it off and ran away! This time of year is really bad for deer-car things here. We have a police/fire scanner (we are both volunteer firemen & medical personnel) and it's a daily thing to hear 'car vs deer' at so-and-so intersection. Glad you're ok. Will you be able to get a replacement car while yours is being repaired? Do you have the whole weekend to recover? We'll be praying for you that there's nothing to worry about when you see the Dr.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm sorry. I know its terrible. We have lost a few cars that way,jsut be glad you are ok. My mom hit the biggest deer I have ever seen head on with her jeep and it was horrible. If she would have hit it with my car there is no way she would have made it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The replacement car thing we are working on that. My Father In Law might be bringing his car up here to Michigan for me to use while mine gets fixed. I am very thankful that this was a doe and not a buck, since the damage would have been so much worse! Deer are extremly smart and I don't understand why they run into on coming traffic.

We have an adjuster coming out tomorrow to look at the damage and giving us an estimate, as well as to let us know what body shop to take it to.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It happened at dusk, it was 11:00 pm or some where around there. :(

Also I will be calling my doctor today to get checked out I have some pretty good back pain going on right now. So I would rather be safe than sorry. I will keep you guys updated.

Also thank you for the caring thoughts and the prayers, they have helped me get through yesterday without to much stress as well as pain. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Goodluck at the doc G_M, hope the back pain doesn't stay around for too long. Get lots of rest, if you can.

Sorry to hear about your car, but the best news is that you both escaped serious injury. Thinking of you.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I'm so sorry GM. You're in my prayers, please make sure to give us an update as soon as you get back from the Dr.
I remember that in ND, you can't drive 10 feet without seeing one on the side of the road. We had several near misses when we lived there.
One day Jordan and I hit this thing on our way to Walmart. I'm not sure what it was, I just remember thinking it was a really big bear like looking critter with corgi legs. I had no choice but to hit it, we were going to fast with a car right on my tail and one on my left. The sound was awful. Jordan and I were both shaken and were scared to look at the front of the Jeep when we got to the store for fear that whatever it was was still there... Just remember it and the sound gives me the heeby jeebies...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I went in yesterday. I am off work for a few days and I am suppose to be on bed rest for the next few days. I am on some heavy medications right now. We are taking the car in on Monday to get fixed. We are thinking we will get it back in 2 or 3 weeks.

My husband did take pictures of the car yesterday while I was at work. My work let me leave so I could go to my appointment. So if you guys want to see the pictures just let me know and I will attach them some time today. I will just post links in case some people don't want to see them.

I think I am going to go take Gracie and go lay down for a little while. :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This is the overall view of the car.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CubbyandGracie/ccef6d56.jpg

This is where we first made contact.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CubbyandGracie/Picture017.jpg

Where I was sitting.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CubbyandGracie/Picture019.jpg

Back door.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CubbyandGracie/Picture020.jpg

Back side view.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CubbyandGracie/Picture021.jpg

Sorry about the mess in the garage that you can see. My husband didn't get a picture of the glass that is inside the car. The glass is all over my seat as well as all over the floor. There was some glass on the drivers side floor as well.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Oh my, I"ve been offline for a while, so sorry to hear GM... What a mess. Especially at holiday time too you know. Take it easy, hey set up the computer next to the bed so you can rest and dobertalk!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I hit one last yr with my Dads car that i was borrowin lol i didnt see it comein i watch for deer at night b.c we too are over populated. (we have a deer hunt at least 2-3 times a yr round here to cut down on the population and they donate the meat to the shelters and underprivlaged) but anywho really shook me up messed the car up a lil to. but i beat my daddy that yr and got a 8 point buck lol Glad u n hubby r ok.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
How are you doing now GM? Any better? Just thinking about you as I have missed talking with you! It's been so long.... ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts