Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do your dogs like car rides? What occupies them? Are they excited to go(bouncing off the walls?) or just ok with it?

We go for a 30min. ride for our walks into town. Harmony gets in and instantly is asleep in the backseat. She gets excited to leave, but not too excited. Asher gets way excited and is sitting at your feet everywhere when his leash taken from the holder. He sits in the back nicely and will sleep on and off. But will sometimes get bored and start to bite and the cars driving past us playing. Kind of funny and wierd.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If I say "wanna go bye bye" my female goes crazy, she loves it, and Nash gets excited too but not like her. BUT in the car Nash whines and Da'Kari goes from window to window watching everything. I got a
divider so they could stay in the main back of my SUV but they like it in the backseat better.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Excellent and calm in the car, regardless of how long the car ride takes. Took some training b/c a Dobe's place is on our lap you know, regardless of size, but now things are much nicer.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
i always train calmness in the car, all of my crew behave themselves.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I've had Bruno since he was 8 weeks and he's ALWAYS been in the car with us. No matter where we are going. He's in there. So it's not so exciting for him anymore lol. He's in there everyday. It's like normal thing for him. I even take him when I drive my lil ones to school in the morning. But since we got him near winter. He is just learning he can stick his head out the window. So that's become a new favourite for him :)

But he's excellent in the car. Sleeps most of the time. But is just awesome. If there is anything he's REALLY great at. It's car rides ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sassy jumps right in the car she loves to go ridin but she also likes to ride in ur lap LOL Thinks she can drive the car i think. Lusy does awesome in the car. just tell her to load and she lays in the backseat and sleeps until we stop then shell get up n look around then goes back to sleep lol

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess loves car rides...and she will sit up in the passenger seat and act human...at stop lights she looks at the car next to us. a couple of times I have gotten people that when I looked over...they asked me how old she was...and stuff. Sometimes she will decide to plop down and curl up on the seat...
coco loves car rides too...Big improvement considering we had to once carry him in and out of the car cause he didnt even want to approach it. He usually hangs out in the back seat..and sleep...or he trys to act like he is up in the front by sitting so his head is in between the driver and passenger seat...or he will rest his head on the arm rest between the driver and passenger. :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
LapDog said:
he trys to act like he is up in the front by sitting so his head is in between the driver and passenger seat...or he will rest his head on the arm rest between the driver and passenger. :)
hehe Bruno does this also if both front seats are taken. His spot is between my kids booster seats. He loves it. Someimes even if the passenger side is empty. He will sit back there LOL Silly dog.

In the van he gets the whole very back seat to himself. Although he still perfers sometimes to sit up front between the front seats ;)

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
LOL......Nikki travels well.....She does like to rest her head on my shoulder while I drive. Never complains about my music choices....

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Bandit loves the car. I just have to jingle the keys and she fly's by me running out the door. Once in, she lies down and goes to sleep even on the long drive to Florida a couple of years ago. Pretty much slept the whole way there !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rocky loves car rides, mainly because he gets to stick his head out of the back window and bark up a storm, lol. He really enjoys traveling, but i believe he enjoys barking even more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Up until May 2005 I had a van that was all caged out for my dogs, Cody loved it. He was always a good traveller. However, due to the fact my daughter had baby no 2 and I couldn't get the car seats into my van it had to go. I now have a car which Cody will not under any circumstances get into. I have pushed, shoved and pulled but he will not get in. I have resorted to bribery but even greedy as he is he still will not go in it. If I need to take him to the vets I have to borrow my friends van!!!!

He misses the good walks because of his aversion to the car!! He can only go places that I can walk to - his own fault!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts