Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She helps me cook every night--and *naturally* gets a tidbit of whatever is on the menu.

It was carrots one night. She was crunching away loudly at a raw carrot when I heard Thump! Bump! Thump! coming down the stairs. It's Kip, hearing the chewing and coming to claim his part of the snack.

However, while Capri likes carrots, KIP DOES NOT.

He snatches for the carrot I offer him, but stops in the middle of the grab and pulls his nose back rapidly to give the vegetable the most delicate of sniffs.

ICK!

He pointedly looks toward the sizzling pan of chicken on the stove, glances back at the carrot piece, then glares at me.

If looks could talk.

"MOM, you used the wrong dish!"

·
sadder but wiser girl
9,688 Posts
must be a girl thing... Annie loves carrots (and apples, strawberries, turnips, sweet potatoes, pears, everything...), while Willie looks at her (and at me) like we're nuts - "Food?? Really?... I think not!"

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
I tried to convince Shanoa that carrots were a good snack. She was uninterested. So I coated a baby carrot with peanut butter. She took it delicately and carried it into the living room. A few minutes pass and I figure she's eaten it, but then she comes back into the kitchen and drops the sparkling clean carrot at my feet. She then looks at me expectantly, waiting for me to refill her peanut butter delivery system :) There wasn't a tooth mark on the carrot.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hans loves carrots. He acts like they're a high value treat. My little terrier will eat them, but not like Hans. They both love green beans though.

Reactions: melbrod

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Elka loves carrots (and green beans and green pepper and......) at home. Outside and out in the world? Nope. It had better be some kind of meat product or snack food.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
All my dogs love carrots. I think Eli would eat anything I fed him. LOL. He is not picky at all. Ginger my old girl was very upset that I handed her a piece of banana. She took it all excited then put her head down and stared up at me with pathetic brown eyes and dropped the banana gently on the floor. She is never rude and it hurt her to decline my offer. Eli was right there to scarf up the disgarded piece and I could almost hear him yell "score". LOL.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Dakota loves carrots...unfortunately her bowels do not :p I gave her a couple the other day and came home later to find a HUGE mess on the area rug...long story short we're getting a new rug! Ewww

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Both my girls like their carrots, cooked or raw, doesnt matter.

Reactions: melbrod

·
kopfgeschlagen
2,671 Posts
Elke also loves carrots. We made a salad last weekend and tried giving her other vegetables to see what she liked. She was ok with the red pepper but so so on the lettuce. Carrots she will scarf down any day and be excited about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts