Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Cap'n Jack update! (pics!)

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  1996Superstar 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! Jack has been averaging around 3lbs a week in weight gain and is already 20lbs! Also started posting yesterday after he got his stitches out (poor fella wasn't too happy about that..) Anyways I had a quick question, the vet that did the crop told me to take his posts out every 2 days and let him run around 2 days without them, then repost, and repeat every 2 days. I've never heard of posting in this method, but he has 30 years experience so I didn't really question it, I just wanted your opinions. Thanks all!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
He's adorable :)
And no, that posting method isn't what is recommended by anyone with experience in the breed. Normally you would leave the posts in for 5-ish days and repost immediately. Any down time just adds to the total length of time they need to be posted. Also, I would make sure the tips of his ears are taped. In the photos the tips are exposed and it will encourage them to eventually curl inward which is a hassle to fix later.

#4 ·
I didn't think it sounded right and I'm real glad I went here again, his ears are a little red but no bleeding or anything, so I will see to it that we keep them in until Friday and repost with fresh materials immediatially afterwards, and I'll also be sure to tape the tips when I get home.

#6 ·
Cute pup!

Reactions: 1996Superstar
#12 ·
Yeah, I didn't find them until after I'd gotten Elka. They may or may not be on my "list" for hypothetical Doberman #2, in the future. I emailed them to ask about trainer reccomendations, and they were very helpful, even though my dog was not from them, which I thought was cool. I like the whole Dobermans As Community thing (which is I guess why we're here!)

#11 ·
I love his name!!! I am such a "Pirates" fan!!! And Johnny Depp is my future husband so that makes his name even better. :p

He is such a cutie!!!

As for the posting, (to stay on topic) I would take the advice of those on this forum that have been doing it forever or at least multiple times. The directions you had are a little out of the ordinary for sure.

#13 ·
I brought him to pet store today and he stole the crowd, total star I swear! He picked out the biggest bone we could find, and some rude older woman mutters "of course the boy with the Doberman gets the biggest bone in the store..." and walks off. I laughed because by that point 2 families with small children had come and pet him, along with ALL of the staff on at that time, everyone loved him, ha some people. (Sorry, just thought I'd share!) His name is an instant ice breaker with anyone it just makes people laugh and smile! I also refer to his toy box as his 'treasure'. Love him, BACK ON TOPIC! I'll follow the advice received by you guys because....well because you're an unconparible infinite supply of amazing doberinfo. And with that I submit reply, good night!

#16 ·
Maybe, she was probably just jealous she didn't have a dog big enough to eat such an epic bone, i'll put pics up in a few hours when I get home from work, I got him reposted yesterday before work...we met a 7 year old great Dane who jack quickly befriended it was adorable, anyways after i got out of work I came home only to see one of his posts laying outside his crate. He pretty much knocked them both out and I didnt want this happening again...so back to the vets we went! And now he is wearing an Elizabeth collar hahaha...pics soon thanks for reading!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.