Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UGGGGG
I can't take this anymore!!! I so want to see pictures of our new baby girl - a litter of 3 was born (all girls) from the breeder we got Seti from (our 6+ year old dobergirl) Excellent Doberman
i am soooooooo excited!
since I haven't seen my baby -
post pictures here of your baby doberman so I can get a mini-puppy-fix.

HELP ME CHOOSE A NAME
So my cat's name is Luna
Seti - well S.E.T.I. --> I still think it was the best name ever, she chose it.
I wanted to name her Rosalind (after the scientist Rosalind Franklin) - but she never came to me when I called her the - Seti was the one she came running to.

so - in that spirit - I need a bank of names and suggestions.

Right now I have:

CERN - my personal favorite conceptually - but doesn't sound as nice as Seti

Liaka - Great concept, love the name, but apparently it means "Bark" in Russian.... which Seti does a whole hell of a lot of it - so unsure.

Rosalind - I could try again

I'm not interested in Quark - not really respectful and doesn't make sense. She's not going to stay small - that's what you name a Yorkie or something

I need some ideas - or some re-assurance that Cern is a nice name for a girl.

Ideas?? suggestions?

:please:

Excellent Doberman

·
Registered
71 Posts
What an interesting name theme you've chosen!

I honestly don't really like Cern for a female name. Rosalind is nice though.

I did a little digging (too much free time, lol!). I found two that I like a little better, that fit your theme.

SUSY- It's an acronym for some idea CERN could theoretically do that creates some superforce thing or something like that (LOL).

And my favorite: ALICE. (This one is another CERN experiment. This one is to try to create in the laboratory the same conditions that were present immediately follow the Big Bang).

Don't know if that helps or not! Both came from the CERN website. I just skimmed through the sections looking for something that could make a neat name! You could also google famous women physicists or scientists too. :butfly:

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I had my vote for ALICE a long time ago! what is it... A Large Ion Collider Experiment? I still think that one is by far the best :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
What about Tesla? As in Nikola Tesla. Yeah it's a male scientist, but I think Tesla can be a very feminine name.

ETA: I also really like Liaka :)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I Love Tesla. I also like Rosalind, I would probably end up shortening it to Lindi at some point though.

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
Petri
Spectra
MALDI
Pipette? LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts