Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I think that price is just for the vest it self. You still have to buy either the digitial or cassette with all the hook up wires. Thought about buying one also. Some clubs might own one and rent it out.

·
Premium Member
10,281 Posts
That price is for just the vest. Alba Medical is the maker of the monitors that the Mt Hood Doberman Pinscher Club has--we loan them for a minimal price to members of the club. We started out with the analog model several years ago and now have two digital monitors (and maybe the old analog one too).

Alba still sells the analog (which are all reconditioned units) for $500. A reconditioned digital is on sale for $750 right now and a new digital is on sale for $1400.

Those price are for the kit and includes the wires, cards etc. The vest is not included--I think the vest that Mt Hood is now using is the Alba vest. It's made from wet suit type material--since it's stretchy it fits really well--there are other vests on the market from as low as $75 to as much $200--some are good some not so good.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I think it is worth it if you have multiple dogs. A Holter Test could cost around $300-$400. Plus if you start getting one done every year. I think a reconditioned digital one is the way to go.

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
If you have a monitor you need a vest. We have a vest from DogLeggs. It's great.

Reactions: Jonesy'sMom

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I know this is just for the vest.....

I was just curious if I should get it along with the holter monitor :)

And as for renting vs buying... I don't plan on Jones being my last Doberman... and testing every year/ 6 months (who knows) it becomes more cost effective to buying one

·
Alpha
2,797 Posts
The vest is great for holding everything in place, otherwise you'd have to tape it...not fun.

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,346 Posts
That is the one Baron has. We got it because I wanted his own vest and the first time we went to his cardiologist they tape him. I feel more comfortable with the vest on rather than only the tape. Think it stays in place better. Good quality and they were very nice to deal with.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Anyone know of one for rent in the southeast? The local boxer club rents one out, but you have to be a member :( (and most likely not a doberman). Also Due to Zeus's size I feel that the average vest will not fit him? So if anyone near the east coast and with a "larger" vest would be willing to loan it to me, I would be extremely grateful!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts