Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a small cemetary that we walk by during our walks everyday. One day, Duke started to stare at something inside of the cemetary. There wasn't a person there, no birds, no squirrels, no rabbits...etc. Just silence. But he kept staring at this one spot for a very long time. Next thing I knew, all the hair on his back raised up and he was trying to bolt out of there as fast as he could!

If there was a critter, Duke would've looked and either ignored it or attempt to get a closer examination. But he was obviously scared of something and was trying to get away.

I'd like to think he saw a ghost. :p

We continue to walk by the cemetary, and it doesn't phase him. But I also make sure not to allow him to stare into it again for too long like he did before.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My last dobe Used to stare at a corner of my room and after a little while he would begin to whine as if the ghost or spirit was teasing him. My mom and I Used to see black forms go into my room, I wouldn't say black forms per say but you know when you see something in your peripheral vision but you don't know what it is? Well when either my mom or I be in her room, from our peripheral vision we would see what we thought were my mom or I go into my room and we would start talking and we wouldn't be in my bedroom. Whatever it was it would do something's here and there but both my mom and I got the sense that whatever it was it was harmless.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Ivan, on occassion, would suddenly look up as if he saw someone. He wouldn't bark, growl or go chasing after anything - just look up. So I had to find out.

I knew the house I bought was an estate sale. I just knew the woman had to have died in her home - in my bedroom. Found her obituary online. She died "in her home, surrounded by her loving family."

So the next time Ivan did it, I just said, "Hello, Eleanor." He hasn't done it since.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Oooohhh...shadow people? Getting chill bumps!!
LOL had to go back and edit my post, I'm on my phone. Anyways the spirits, ghosts, shadow people or whatever it was stuck around for awhile and when Gabriel saw them it was only in that one corner. After a few years they left so maybe they were in purgatory or something. Because they never bothered any humans, who knows what Gabriel was looking at.

I experienced the opposite, when my cat disappeared we assumed he had died and one day I was walking through my house and all of sudden I felt my cat run through my legs and and ahead of me. I couldn't see him but I could sense his energy and where it would go. After that I knew when he was visiting me and laying on my bed.

A couple years before that two of my dogs had to be put Down and when they were alive and I was living in Alaska they Used to follow me everywhere as they were my protectors from bears. So after they past I was walking into town which is about 3 miles of nothing but road and woods. As I was walking all of a sudden I could sense my two dogs and again I could pin point where their energy was because again I couldn't see them. Once I got to town the left and never came back.

:'( nice to know my past dogs are still protecting me ;)

·
Da Boss
3,492 Posts
A few months after we moved into our house, Brandy started barking at our recliner that we have in the corner of the living room. It wasn't her yippy little there's a squirrel in the yard barks. It was full on, hackles up, someone is going to kill us all warning barks. It freaked me out! I thought that someone had climbed through the window and was hiding behind the chair, but there wasn't anything there. She did it again one other time and we also noticed our cat staring off into that corner. They haven't paid any attention to that area for a long time now, so I'm still not really sure what it was all about!

·
Registered
974 Posts
It is said that animals possess a 6th sense when it comes to spirits and what not, so I would say being by a cemetery that it was highly probable he could "see" something that you couldn't. I know Odin has freaked out at things I can't see before now, puts me on edge when he does it like!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple years before that two of my dogs had to be put Down and when they were alive and I was living in Alaska they Used to follow me everywhere as they were my protectors from bears. So after they past I was walking into town which is about 3 miles of nothing but road and woods. As I was walking all of a sudden I could sense my two dogs and again I could pin point where their energy was because again I couldn't see them. Once I got to town the left and never came back.

:'( nice to know my past dogs are still protecting me ;)
Ugh, this is so sweet...brought tears to my eyes!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
A few months after we lost Shelby last year, one night I was in my bedroom with the DoberTwins, and usually, they are quiet and go to sleep.

Arkus suddenly stood up on the bed and starting looking at the corner of the room and it looked like was watching something with his eyes. At that moment, I swear I heard the top two stairs outside our bedroom make noises as if somebody was walking up.

I said "Hello Shelby" and all of a sudden, Arkus sat down and fell back asleep. It freaked me out so much I called my husband at work (was about 1:30AM).

I truly believe animals have a 6th sense. I find it very comforting actually.

·
Premium Member
8,438 Posts
I truly believe in spirits and have seen with my own eyes my sisters dog being petted and no one was there. I actually saw the fur on her lab being moved and petted. My sister, her entire life has spirits who have crossed over visit her. It began when she was just 5 years old and never understood and was scared. She is now 55 years old and has learned to understand the messages they bring. So to answer the question can dogs see what humans can not, my answer is yes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts