Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Crazy Dobe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my beautiful puppy was cropped at 9 weeks and is now 8 months from the day she left surgery i knew her ears were 2 different styles as a normal response i phoned the vet straight away and he said you know there perfect there all ready standing your lucky and go yeah thanks but her ears are different ones thicker than the other and one has a curve the other does not he said thats not possible we use a stencil to get the shape and then measure the cut pieces to see if there even so i said ok i let it go and i went back about a week later to show him and he said to me they look fine and he asked a patient who was in the waiting room they both said they were fine but im not happy with the crop at all every time i look at my dog my heart breaks because she is such a good looking dog and her crop ruins her so i was wondering if 8 months is too late to re crop her with out damage i dont know if this means anything but i only had to post her ears for 2 weeks:confused::confused:

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
I don't know anything about your question but can you post a picture?

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Is she by chance a Desert Legends East dog? Just curious.

If you are anywhere on the east coat (as I suspect you are) I would contact Dr. Sophia Koster. For a recrop (if that's what you'd like to do).

Services

·
Crazy Dobe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ye they are short but he used all her ear length she had small ears they were identical to a min pins i dont want to take off length just shape them it is almost impossible to find a vet who will crop because it is illegal in all or most of europe but i have found 2 other vets so i might suss it out im scared to get them done though because they stand nicely

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I've lost all hope. Hera and Diesel both have beautiful cropped ears and as far as I know we're the only people on here with dogs from there so say what you want but if you're going to bring it up make sure you add people's names. We're not stupid nor do I give a rats ass what you think of how our dogs ears look.

All dogs are beautiful. You don't see us sitting here discreetly bringing up other peoples dogs. I'm proud to own a handsome boy with gorgeous ears and some of you won't take that away from me.

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
It wasn't the crop. It was the face. If I dug deep enough I could probably figure that all of these dogs (DLE and OP) are probably related somewhere.

Just like Juno (landgraf) and Fei (Do'Urden) look EXACTLY alike. They have some of the same breeding but not directly the same lines.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I've lost all hope. Hera and Diesel both have beautiful cropped ears and as far as I know we're the only people on here with dogs from there so say what you want but if you're going to bring it up make sure you add people's names. We're not stupid nor do I give a rats ass what you think of how our dogs ears look.

All dogs are beautiful. You don't see us sitting here discreetly bringing up other peoples dogs. I'm proud to own a handsome boy with gorgeous ears and some of you won't take that away from me.
I don't think that anybody was referring to Diesel or Hera. You two aren't the only two people to ever grace DT with their presence and also have dogs from DLE. There have been others with DLE dogs and there have been threads on DLE where their dogs were discussed.

Take a step back, take a breath, start over.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Funny you ask. There are a few DLE dogs with mis-shaped ears.
***edited***

I've had it with you trashing DLE, and by extension my dog.

You are a nosy busy body with nothing better to do than to criticize other peoples' dogs and their breeders. You repost pics of other peoples' dogs with asking them permission, yet you have no pics of your own worthless dogs posted in your gallery. I'm guessing the pic of the dog in your AV was obtained from Google Images. (See what it's like when people say **** about you and they don't know what the **** they are talking about?)

In short, stick to being Sam and Mack's mom, and SHUT THE **** UP about other peoples' dogs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts