My 8 month old doberman has had an ecollar for about two-three months now. I honestly have only used it to teach him to come, when I have to say no multiple times, if he chases the cats and on the lowest setting when we are training on the leash. Me and my husband cannot come to an agreement though, my husband thinks he should shock him every time that he does something, sniffs the counter at food (shock), whining in cage (shock), running into the house (shock). I have no idea how to make him understand that this is not how you train the dog. I need help training my pup to not do these things so that my husband won't feel the need to shock him. I guess food encouragement is the way to go. But if I did want to lightly train him on the ecollar I worry he has already been shocked too high that he is going to freak out and run if I even use it the correct way now. My husband thinks that it needs to be on a high setting as well because some "trainer" told him that. I have watched videos of other trainers and they say how to do it properly, on the lowest setting possible, etc, etc. I absolutely love my dog and I think he has been pretty damn awesome besides those couple of issues. HELP please!