Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Cash has taken a real liking for Cobra, I mean a real liking...in a sexual way! He is sniffing her, tail wagging, pushing down on her neck etc. I'm afraid he is going to hurt her. She of course doesn't understand and thinks he is playing..lol! He seems to have gotten a scent from her that he really likes, now he is a bit relentless.

So I have been keeping them separated but my god I don't want to do this always. I don't have to do this forever do I?? I could understand if she was of sexual maturity but holy smokes! Is he that hard up??? ;) She is only 11 weeks old?? I don't get it.

Any suggestions? I really didn't think this would happen, is this common?

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
what you have described is the same manner Prada played with Luna and now Pumpkin, nothing sexual in it, just her style of play.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what you have described is the same manner Prada played with Luna and now Pumpkin, nothing sexual in it, just her style of play.
This is not play Elizabeth, I know Cash and how he acts around females.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Tali acts like that with anything she doesn't understand but thinks she probably likes quite a bit - wagging, sniffing, pushing down with her nose, sometimes light pawing and play bowing at whatever it is (sometimes it's an animal like when she caught a mole, sometimes it's bubble wrap LOL). If it's something she can get a reaction out of - like the mole - she will throw her head back and SQEEEEAAAAALLLLL to her heart's delight that it responds to her. LOL

I don't know. I'd assume it was probably just happy curiosity.

Reactions: akturbo and hjgrl

·
Got mutt?
13,842 Posts
When I brought Ilka home, she was four months old, and Lucky had been neutered for over eight years. He STILL tried to hump her every chance he got. It annoyed the heck out of her (and me). Eventually, he got used to her being around, and hardly ever tries it now.

Reactions: Okie-dobie

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He was like that with Elsa remember? And she was spayed! I'd make him ignore her with "leave it" and make him down while she's around. He needs to learn his manners. A lot of people rotate their dogs from their kennel. I know when we get another male well have to do it with Jaguar.
Yes well he is exactly the same with Cobra! I do, and when he does leave it then she starting playing with him. She thinks he is trying to play.

Your right he does need to learn matters, but when a male is all crazy like this is it's very difficult. I have been rotating, one problem I have is he needs a bark collar on. We have a Dogtra and he is barking through it!! This is going to be a loooong puppy hood!!

Wow, your going to do the two male thing? As much as I wanted another male I just couldn't handle the stress.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
I have been going through much the same thing with Honor and the boys here. Same behavior you describe but I read it as play but also wanting to dominate a new pack member. I kept them pretty much separated until she was about 16 weeks and started doing the bitch snap back at them. Now they all play just fine and when a boy gets too pushy, she does that awful high pitched bark and snap and puts an end to it.

·
Aggressive Female
3,720 Posts
Yes well he is exactly the same with Cobra! I do, and when he does leave it then she starting playing with him. She thinks he is trying to play.

Your right he does need to learn matters, but when a male is all crazy like this is it's very difficult. I have been rotating, one problem I have is he needs a bark collar on. We have a Dogtra and he is barking through it!! This is going to be a loooong puppy hood!!

Wow, your going to do the two male thing? As much as I wanted another male I just couldn't handle the stress.
yeah- intact males can be jerks. I MADE Jaguar listen and when I say "HEY, slow!" he knows he's in trouble and is very gentle after.

Maybe just be more strict with him. Work on your long downs and even if she comes and plays with him, he should NOT move. It took a little while for Elsa to learn not to play when another dog came and started bowing and jumping on her. But now she stays in a down and focuses on me. You don't want her confidence lowered because he keeps smacking her around.

Yeah, we are going to separate the males if they don't get along (which I'm sure they won't) WHEN we get a Mali male. which won't be for another 6 months or so.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He just wants to play. Are you worried he's gonna hurt her or rape her?;)
Both..lol!!

No I know play when I see it..lol! Kara knows what I'm talking about as she has seen Cash in action, it's the exact same thing...horn dog syndrome!

:idea:I'm just thinking that this has just started a couple of days ago. Maybe she has the all to common puppy vaginitis, and he can smell it. I don't see any discharge but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Reactions: lemon

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
:idea:I'm just thinking that this has just started a couple of days ago. Maybe she has the all to common puppy vaginitis, and he can smell it. I don't see any discharge but that doesn't mean it's not there.
Very possible. Fei had one at a little older than Cobra is now. The only sign she had was increased frequency of urination.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts