Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mojo Risin'
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that a piece of one of Morrison's left ear's stitches has come off. It's only been 3 days since he had them cropped. I need to call the vet in morning to see if he is open, it's 11:36 PM right now. I am really freaking out. I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before. My mom said that when she was bringing him home he started to scratch and he didn't have his e-collar on. And when I came home to see him afterwork, his ears looked "meaty" like I read they would so i thought nothing of it. Will it still heal? Can it be saved? What should i do.Tomorrow it'll be 4 days since the ear crop.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Calm down and breath deeply.:) There is no reason to panic. Just give your cropping vet a call tomorrow and see if he can get you in. It shouldnt be that big of a deal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just went through something really similar. I had to take my girl into a vet 5 days post-op and have a couple sutures put in to replace the ones she ripped out.

I was pretty freaked out by it too, but it was really no big deal everything is fine now.

Here is a link to the post I made regarding my situation:

http://www.dobermantalk.com/doberman-health/67454-raz-pulled-stitch-out.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts