Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on this forum that people was putting yogour in the kong i would like to know if this yogour it good.

silhouette vanilla
100g = 35 calories
no sugar added
with sucralose

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
plain yoghurt only, in my opinion. Don't let your dog have stuff with artificial sweeteners - I only know that xylitol is deadly for them, but in general why give them anything that has fake sugar or sugar added.

Don't take that chance. I just googled sucralose - it's some new strong sweetener. Don't give it to your dog. Heck, I wouldn't even use it. My dog gets about 3T of plain yoghurt a day. She's not crazy about it but she does eat it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
plain yoghurt only, in my opinion. Don't let your dog have stuff with artificial sweeteners - I only know that xylitol is deadly for them, but in general why give them anything that has fake sugar or sugar added.

Don't take that chance. I just googled sucralose - it's some new strong sweetener. Don't give it to your dog. Heck, I wouldn't even use it. My dog gets about 3T of plain yoghurt a day. She's not crazy about it but she does eat it.
yogour are good for dog ? Why milk are not good for dog but yogour it good ?

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
I make my own yogurt from VitD milk and I use Greek Yogurt as the starter.

The yogurt making process breaks down the lactose etc that are usually a problem for adult dogs to digest.

My dogs love love love the homemade yogurt - they also love the Greek yogurt I use as the starter. They get 3 heaped tablespoons plus a raw egg every day, each. And I also add a little Nzymes to this breakfast.

Reactions: GingerGunlock

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Sucralose was actually discovered while trying to create a new insecticide
I love it when something is presented with the scariest kind of language possible in order to generate a negative impression... kind of like when something is described as being "one molecule away from <insert whatever scary substance you choose>".

Many years ago, a friend of mine was trying to develop a completely safe insecticide, and I suspect this is where this comes from. His insecticide was designed to cause whatever it was sprayed on to be sticky enough that insects would become trapped and immobilized. Insecticide? Yes. Scary chemical that would kill you? No.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
If you have a Costco in your area buy the Kirkland brand of sugar free unsweetened Greek Yogurt. I give my pack about 1/4 to 1/3 cup per day. They love it. It's thick and you could put it or peanut butter in the kong and freeze.

No artificial anything.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I love it when something is presented with the scariest kind of language possible in order to generate a negative impression... kind of like when something is described as being "one molecule away from <insert whatever scary substance you choose>".

Many years ago, a friend of mine was trying to develop a completely safe insecticide, and I suspect this is where this comes from. His insecticide was designed to cause whatever it was sprayed on to be sticky enough that insects would become trapped and immobilized. Insecticide? Yes. Scary chemical that would kill you? No.
I realize one molecule away can be miles away. The point, tho, is why give your dog (or yourself) an artificially sweetened yoghurt?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I make my own yogurt from VitD milk and I use Greek Yogurt as the starter.

The yogurt making process breaks down the lactose etc that are usually a problem for adult dogs to digest.

My dogs love love love the homemade yogurt - they also love the Greek yogurt I use as the starter. They get 3 heaped tablespoons plus a raw egg every day, each. And I also add a little Nzymes to this breakfast.
Would you mind sharing how you make it?

·
_______
5,102 Posts

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Don't feed any artificial sweeteners.

None of the sugar alcohols (Xylitol, Maltitol, etc) or any of the other "new" sweeteners.

Only plain yogurt.

Reactions: GingerGunlock
1 - 11 of 11 Posts