Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Can I get his ears to stand again??

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Sinister 
#1 ·
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but my 12 month old's ears were standing perfectly up until a few weeks ago. Now they stay flopped over all the time. Will posting help them to stand again or is it useless? Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
He has a medium crop. I had to post for about 8-9 months & they stood for about 2 months. He is really floppy/flimsy from where the ears are bending up to the tips. He hasn't been sick or on any meds, but he has been under some stress (I have to leave him with my in-laws for 3-4 days a week when I go out of town) I don't know if that would make a difference or not?
He absolutely hated having his ears posted. I just read about the Ear Halo, has anyone had any experience with that? I was wondering if it would be beneficial?

I can try to post pictures of him if that would help.

#8 ·
I posted them back up yesterday. He was not happy about it at all...he shook his head a few times then seemed to get used to them. I let him out to potty this morning & he was able to get one of the posts out, so i put it right back up. I truly believe his ears want to stand up, they just need some encouraging :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.