Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
From what I see she seems to be legit and responsible. But web sites don't say much. I have never heard of her or her dogs, and it seems she is no longer active in showing. Maybe someone else knows of her.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I've been looking forever it seems for a dobe and I think I've finally found one that may be just what I'm looking for. Can someone give me their opinions on this breeder?

http://hometown.aol.com/beaudobie/page2.html
Doesn't seem to be a great deal of health testing done from what's mentioned on the website and the OFA database.

Looks to me like someone that just produces puppies, without doing much to prove the worth of the dogs they breed. The owner of the sire has a *very* bad reputation.

Would I buy a puppy from them? No.

·
Super Moderator
15,749 Posts
That page only seems to show the current litter, it seems like she would want to include more information about the "big picture" not just the most recent litter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Murreydobe - really? The owner of the sire has a VERY bad reputation? Can you elaborate? I really don't want to make the wrong decision here by buying a pup from a bad breeder.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Murreydobe - really? The owner of the sire has a VERY bad reputation? Can you elaborate? I really don't want to make the wrong decision here by buying a pup from a bad breeder.
She's just not well thought of as a breeder or as a handler by anyone reputable that I can think of. Due to that, I'd really wonder about anyone who would involve themselves with her in any way, shape or form.

Why don't you contact Nikki McClendon of Merrimac dobermans? She's in Texas, somewhere in the Houston area. Nikki is just a small breeder, not well known, but she's very reputable and has done a good job of consistently producing good dogs. I believe she's listed in the DPCA breeder referral, if not I can get contact info for you (she's one of those people that doesn't "do" websites).

I'm not sure exactly when this litter will be whelped, but I know Nikki has a litter planned for sometime this year out of a champion, health tested bitch, sired by a champion, health tested male. It looks like it could be a nice litter.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Another person who is reputable and has a litter due (just did the breeding) is Joanne Davis. She is just outside of Fort Worth. The dam is a bitch I bred who finished with 4 majors from the puppy class (from longlived dogs) and the sire is from our litter two years ago sired by Magic Dragon and out of our Hotrod Holli. If you want her number email me. Both are champions and health tested and have longevity behind them. I can also tell you more about the person you were asking about if you email me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts