Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a ten month dobie who "accidentally" got a long show crop and have been a pain to get to stand. His crop was done a little late, at 11 weeks when we got him, which I'm sure is contibuting to the time it is taking to stand. After 4-5 months of posting he developed some nasty blisters that took a while to heal and now his ears break-out as soon as we put them back on. We are working on an alternative method than putting something in his ears, but I would like to know if they will ever stand up again after being down for more than 2 months. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Are the bases up or do the ears lay flat to the head? If the bases are up you probably have a chance, but it will take some time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your feed back LindaH, what a handsome dobe you have BTW. The bases are up so that is encouraging, we will keep working on them then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the feedback LindaH, what a handsome dobe you have BTW. The bases are up so that is encouraging, we will keep working on them then.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Thank you for the compliment on my boy, Parker. I preen...:) Post for at least 2 or 3 months before testing them for a few minutes. Dont let them fall or you will be loosing the ground you gained. You should give glucosamine to help strengthen the cartilage, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts