Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well back to the Vet's again today... :sadcry:

Diesel decided to launch himself from the window seat and try and land on the kitchen table. Quite magnificent really but didn't quite make it, hitting his lower abdomen of the table end, he seemed ok but minutes later urinated everywhere and was standing kind of strange.

Checked him over and he seemed ok, so put the leash on and took him outside to check he was walking as normal as he ever does. He urinated again, this time he was passing loads of blood.

Called the out of hours Vet, who was not so concerned, but asked us to take him before surgery. She checked him over to find tenderness in his lower abdomen, and explained to us to expect blood in this urine for the next 48-hours or so.

So Diesel is on anti-inflammatory and pain killers something called metacalm (I think).

Decided to get Diesel neutered after Christmas to see if it will calm him down any….

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Wow you really do have a flyer there don't you? I wish you best of luck during this hard time with Diesel. He will calm down in a few years. I know it's a long wait but just enjoy this time. I know that is also hard during these times. But he is still a pup and is learning what he can and can not do. Let's hope he has learned that he can't fly from this. Kind of a hard way to learn but sometimes it is needed.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Poor guy... what a crappy way to learn the lesson... I bet you about freaked when you saw the blood, I know I would have... Plan on having a talk with Chi about this... She seems to think that she was born to fly also... Hopefully she will take Diesel's experience to heart and realize she cant....
Keep us updated on his recovery...

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah keep us updated with Diesels progress. Poor guy wasn't using his head, happens to the best of them sometimes... :) I know you seem to be going through the mill with that boy, but things will get better okay.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh man what a bad way to learn that he doesn't have wings.. poor thing.. hope he gets to feeling better soon .. keep us up to date..

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Diesel might not ever calm down. I saw a Dobie at the dog park a few weeks ago whose face was completely white. The guy he belonged to said he was 13. He didn't act like it. He danced around like a big puppy, chasing all the younger dogs, and running at full speed. Some Dobies never grow up.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Lol Tracy! I don't think Gracie will ever grow up! She has way to much energy and is always hyper. She is always ready to play even when she is in a dead sleep she will get up and play if we want. She still hasn't figured out how to walk yet, she runs every where she goes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
She still hasn't figured out how to walk yet, she runs every where she goes.

I know this feeling ALL to well, with Sasha everything is a race.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts