Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
6,590 Posts
Kratty said:
Thanks Everyone for letting me share my Air-Nikita pics. The good news is that my Significant Other is already sick of me talking about this camera. She made a deal with me that I can get the camera for X-mas if I stop talking about the camera.....Life is good......

Sound vaguely like the deals I've struck with my husband! "Okay you got the mini DVD player (xmas)..... Okay you've got the new tv(WE WON IT!)....... Okay you've got the motorcycle(that one HE bought).....Now shush about it all! " Hey come to think of it, he always makes me feel like he gets the short end of the stick.... WHAT have I gotten???? Yeah I know a husband with ALOT of toys......

· Pack Leader
1,662 Posts
Okay, I see what kind of camera it is Canon EOS 20D, now that is a nice camera! Digital SLR , that will set ya back around a grand or so right? Did the camera you used in those shots have any special lens on it?

Thanks
TD

· just a member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
yeah, it had a 28-135mm ultrasonic zoom lens.....My friend said it cost them around $2500. But since it was my taxes, they probably paid full price for it. I'm sure I can get it cheaper if I look around.

· Registered
416 Posts
Trinity is almost 2 and she still waits to get the frisbee until it hits the ground. Different dobermans have differnet things to make them fly. LOL With trinity its water, frznbuns doberman its bubbles, and krattys doberman is a frisbee. Try different toys or things and see what works.

· Registered
133 Posts
Prettydobie said:
Trinity is almost 2 and she still waits to get the frisbee until it hits the ground. Different dobermans have differnet things to make them fly. LOL With trinity its water, frznbuns doberman its bubbles, and krattys doberman is a frisbee. Try different toys or things and see what works.
He doesn't seem too amused by the frisbee while it's in the air, but when it hits the ground he bolts over to investigate. Once he sniffs every inch of it he'll either pick it up for a second and then drop it for the nearest stick, or just walk away. Can you actually teach dogs to play frisbee?...I feel silly standing out in the field throwing the frisbee and then having to retrieve it myself most the time, but I want him to learn lol. I don't think he understands the concept...

· Registered
133 Posts
Prettydobie said:
I trained trinity to fetch a ball. All I did was take her favorite treat and rub it on the ball so that her ball smelled like her treat. LOL She would chase it then. LOL
lol! I never thought of that! Apollo picked up fetch very quickly...it's the frisbee he has no clue what to do with...i guess i'll just have to keep throwing until he figures it out...

· just a member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Great shots, Trinity. My girl doesn't like sprinklers....

For IloveMyDobie31:

Well, my girl is a big retriever. It all started at a very young age. We all laugh that we got ripped off and got a Doberman Retriever. If yours likes to play fetch, then thats a big leap forward. LOL. With the frisbee part, I started to toss it her at a very csmall distance. It was only like a foot away. Once she started catching it, I added more distance. I quess the hardest part was getting her to look up. I have seen most dogs loose track of flying objects above 8 feet high. So I worked on getting her to track it in the air. So once she was able to track it,and catch it, i added the distance. It also depends on the thrower too. You need to be able to make it hover in the air, so they can get to it. Once all this was in place and my girl was chasing them done, the getting air came naturally. I think once my girl got her first air time, she just kept doing it.

My girl is currently just shy of 13 months. We started doing this around 8 months, but I wouldn't make her get too much air untill she was over a year old. Its about the growing bones. They are pretty much solid at 1 years old.

I hope this helps out on getting a frisbee dog. I always wanted one too.

· Registered
111 Posts
Sasha eats them!!!! period, no playing with them, no chasing them, no catching them......all she wants to do is eat them!!!

· Registered
365 Posts
Great pics everyone. I feel a little sorry for the "other" dog in your photos Kratty. Height challenged, and not enough air! Poor darling, in the later photos just sitting in the background, wishing for longer legs.:)

Jeddah will not jump for anything but birds attacking her. I worry that she'll get one one day, she's come awfully close. We've just had magpie season here, and they get quite nasty when protecting their babies. Jeddah has been their target for weeks. So she's spending a bit of time airborne. I must remember to carry the camera with me. But I think my reflexes are too slow!:anicam:

· just a member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Awesome shot Lapdog, flying dobermans are great.

Jedski, Don't worry about the other dog too much. Its Johnny, a boxer, her best friend. He's not much as a fetcher and only does it occasionally when the mood hits him. He also got a nice bone to chew on while we took the shots. Thats why he is sitting in the background. He's just busy chewing, which what he like better to do than frisbee.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.