Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· just a member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a camera that works good for action shots. A friend of mine got it from his work and we tested it out on my Frisbee Doberman, Air-Nikita. We took some shots of her catching her Frisbee. I think I can honestly say, Dobermans can fly…..

Frisbee girl…..

· just a member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, its running on a different port, but not sure why some can see them and a few can not see them. Worked in the past here. If others can not see them, I'll post them in the gallery.

· just a member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Everyone for letting me share my Air-Nikita pics. The good news is that my Significant Other is already sick of me talking about this camera. She made a deal with me that I can get the camera for X-mas if I stop talking about the camera.....Life is good......

· just a member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
yeah, it had a 28-135mm ultrasonic zoom lens.....My friend said it cost them around $2500. But since it was my taxes, they probably paid full price for it. I'm sure I can get it cheaper if I look around.

· just a member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Great shots, Trinity. My girl doesn't like sprinklers....

For IloveMyDobie31:

Well, my girl is a big retriever. It all started at a very young age. We all laugh that we got ripped off and got a Doberman Retriever. If yours likes to play fetch, then thats a big leap forward. LOL. With the frisbee part, I started to toss it her at a very csmall distance. It was only like a foot away. Once she started catching it, I added more distance. I quess the hardest part was getting her to look up. I have seen most dogs loose track of flying objects above 8 feet high. So I worked on getting her to track it in the air. So once she was able to track it,and catch it, i added the distance. It also depends on the thrower too. You need to be able to make it hover in the air, so they can get to it. Once all this was in place and my girl was chasing them done, the getting air came naturally. I think once my girl got her first air time, she just kept doing it.

My girl is currently just shy of 13 months. We started doing this around 8 months, but I wouldn't make her get too much air untill she was over a year old. Its about the growing bones. They are pretty much solid at 1 years old.

I hope this helps out on getting a frisbee dog. I always wanted one too.

· just a member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Awesome shot Lapdog, flying dobermans are great.

Jedski, Don't worry about the other dog too much. Its Johnny, a boxer, her best friend. He's not much as a fetcher and only does it occasionally when the mood hits him. He also got a nice bone to chew on while we took the shots. Thats why he is sitting in the background. He's just busy chewing, which what he like better to do than frisbee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.