Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Apollo in the past week or so has started to do something that is a bit weird, and doesn't feel quite right to me.

He will take one of his stuffy toys and trot around the house (trot, not walk) making a weird kind of crying noise - but not real whiny. He just trots and trots around and around.

If we call him, it is the only time he doesn't come when called. I can't even get him interested in his favorite jerky treat. I can take the toy out of his mouth - he gives it up no problem, but he tries to get it right back and won't take a treat even then. When we do stop him, he is shaking as tho he is scared, but near as I can tell there is no reason for him to be afraid.

A couple times he has done this when we come home from being out, and sometimes he just up and does it. When he is in this mode, he doesn't try to get with anyone in the family, he just hangs onto his toy and trots. There is no agression whatso ever, it just feels too OCD to me to be normal.

any suggestions or advice would be terrific.

thanks
Carrie

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Not sure Carrie... How long have you had him now? A month or so, right? Chi is prone to always have something in her mouth; I know she does it for attention. Right now, she wants to go outside and I'm on the computer so she's carrying around a sock. But she is responsive and will bring it right to me. I'm wondering if this is a new behavior for Apollo or one that he's had for quite sometime but is now comfortable enough in your house to resort back to his old tricks... I'd lay odds that his previous owners have a story to tell about this.
I thought of you the other day btw. I had just filled the water bowl and Chi came and took a drink with her nose on the edge pulling her upper lip up :) Still haven't managed to get it on camera though.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I've got nothing to offer for advice, like Tracy said, it may be a result of his previous life.

I just had to add, that my aussie does that with his nose and the water bowl! It cracks me up, he doesn't like to get water in his nose I guess, he props his nose on the edge of the bowl and sticks his tongue down to drink :) Then my little lady comes along and practically sticks her entire snout in the water and splashes everywhere when she drinks.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
LOL Lexus, Da'Kari does that too, when I first noticed it I thought for sure she was going to drown, she leaves a trail of water when she leaves the water bowl.

·
Registered
357 Posts
LOL those clips are so funny.. looks like shes trying to catch some fish.. so glad jack doesnt do that with his water.. but he does act like hes starving when he eats (you wouldnt know by his pictures, gain 10 lbs in a month). but he gets going so fast eating it flys across the room

1 - 8 of 8 Posts