Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just got off the phone with Ann White of Cambria. The only thing I forgot to ask her was if the Pup comes with ears cropped. I have heard that most reputable show breeders do this automatically, but I wanted to be sure. Does anyone know? I will give it a little while and email her if noone knows. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yes she does, Ann Platt does thier ear cropping. I personally love Ann Platts ear cropping style. My young male came from Ann and Jim White.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I would double check with her but I can't imagine Ann not cropping all her pups. I'm sure you could call her right back just to double check.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Yes. Jim and Ann definitely crop the entire litter. No worries there.

Reactions: akturbo

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Via my own discussion with Mary Rodgers, Ann Platt does not want to do ear crops anymore. She is retiring from such. She is interested now in doing photography work, and loves to take Nature pictures.

She may do them since they are the Whites. But she may be just that, retired.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your info, guys. They do in fact crop.

One other thing-I asked them about their health guarantee and they said they do not offer one. I know they are reputable breeders but is it common not to offer a guarantee other than health testing?

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
Plenty of reputable breeders don't offer health guarantees - This is not the healthiest breed and good breeders do everything they can to produce healthy puppies by using the health testing available to us, but you can't guarantee long term health. I personally feel that the vast majority of health guarantees are not worth the paper they are written on.

Most health guarantees will cover genetic defects for 1-2 years - but the chances of those defects showing up in the first couple of years is slim to none .... so don't think that a health guarantee equals a good breeder.

A good breeder will keep you informed of on-going health testing and let you know what health tests you should be doing at different ages. They will also let you know of any health issues that do crop up so that you can be on the lookout for them in your dog - and test for them if possible. They will also be there for you if there is an issue and will evaluate each situation as it comes up .

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Via my own discussion with Mary Rodgers, Ann Platt does not want to do ear crops anymore. She is retiring from such. She is interested now in doing photography work, and loves to take Nature pictures.

She may do them since they are the Whites. But she may be just that, retired.
Darn. She did Prime's ears and I love her style. I will have to ask his breeder who they are going to use now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts