Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on another thread that a lot of VA members were fairly close, so how about a meet & greet?!
I'm in Woodford (Fredericksburg area), and there isn'really a good place for dogs to be off leash around here. So if anyone has suggestions! I am very interested in meeting new members as is Juno!

·
Registered
771 Posts
OMGGGGG! ALL over this. I would love to! I have two females and a male amstaff! They're all social but idk about a big group. and I only trust one (for sure) off leash. I would love to set this up!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
ps - I would love to meet some fellow Doberman members doing Sch. I am looking for info about it, I'd love to learn and do it with the next generation!

If nothing else.. I would love to make a day of meeting another DT member and hanging out. I have plenty of places in the area, I will buy you some food, or meet you half way.

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
While I don't have a doberman, just a hound mutt, I'd definitely love to meet you all and your Dobes. Me and my fiance can travel once our foster is adopted out and Federicksburg is near his mom, Richmond is his old stomping grounds and anywhere down in Tidewater (Williamsburg to Virginia Beach) we can make. :D

·
Registered
990 Posts
Would love to meet you all and your dogs!

I don't let Hans socialize with other dogs but I would definitely bring him if any of you want to meet him, he would stay on leash. I live in the Tidewater area, train in VA Beach, and work in Richmond...so anywhere as far as VA Beach or Richmond would be pretty easy for me.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The beaches are dog friendly right now, aren't they? That'd be cool! I'd love to meet Hans. :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Thats what I've heard. I would love to meet Juno as well! It would be good to take the dogs to the beach, I haven't done that there yet. If VA Beach is where everyone wants to meet, I can do that on pretty much any Sunday, after 2. I'm only in VA Beach for dog training and thats when its normally over. I could do it during the week also, like Monday or Fridays. I think we should definitely plan it for a day after the new year, when the holidays are over.

Another good place to meet is Yorktown, where the battlefields are. I frequent that area. The beach is there, there are tons of open fields for walking, and its never busy. Williamsburg is also really nice for walking, but its not too open, and its normally quite busy.

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think if we got together we could go on a walk somewhere or something. My dogs will be staying on a leash too. The VA beach area is dog friendly right now. If you guys wanted to meet in Williamsburg or Yorktown we can do that too. My husband knows his way around both, and I know my way around VA Beach. We had a bully walk last year on the board walk that was fun. Most fun part was watching the peoples faces LOL.

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yorktown sounds fun! So sometime in January? I can do Fridays or Sundays, I'd just have to check my weekends. I was hoping for somewhere off-leash because Juno is better with out it, lol.

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can do the weekend of the 14th or of the 28th of January it looks like!
Who's interested?

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Assuming no random winter weather or inlaws visiting, and you don't mind a hound in lieu of a Doberman me and my Fiance are game for a yorktown visit

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Assuming no random winter weather or inlaws visiting, and you don't mind a hound in lieu of a Doberman me and my Fiance are game for a yorktown visit
Of course we don't mind! This way you'll be able to meet dobes and see what they're all about! ;)

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Another nice idea is we could meet up at Merchant's Square in Williamsburg, it was surprisingly dog friendly and plenty of places to eat outdoors. Just an idea.

Regardless we look forward to meeting you all in the near future!

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another nice idea is we could meet up at Merchant's Square in Williamsburg, it was surprisingly dog friendly and plenty of places to eat outdoors. Just an idea.

Regardless we look forward to meeting you all in the near future!
Nice idea!
Lets set a date & place, guys!

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
January 28th would work for us, it should be past any visiting future inlaws and as long as old man winter doesn't rear his face we can hit Yorktown or Williamsburg. :nicejob:

If this goes well we'll have to arrange a mid-spring meeting when its warmer!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yorktown would be the place to meet. I am telling you for sure, they have so AWESOME off leash areas, as well as trails for walks. I would love to do both. I have 3 dogs, so it kind of depends what everyone else wants to do. If were planning on an off leash, only one is coming.. off and on, I will bring all 3.

If we have our eyes set on Yorktown, my husband can set a meeting place in the area, and we can follow each other to good parking.. and a walk too and GREAT field. TRUST me, he knows ALL the ins and outs of that area. I am so excited!! Any Sunday is good for me! I am off Sunday and Monday.

aleuhound - I still can't believe how close you are to me! If you would possibly consider a dog that is a little older, still young, just a puppy, PM me. Female though, I know you're looking for a male.. but it doesn't hurt to throw ideas out (long story).

PS - Yorktown does not really allowed off leash dogs, so if you let them off leash, PLEASE be sure of your recall. The Yorktown battlefield is HUGE.. we have room to do , huge fields.. but I am not trying to get everyone in trouble.. I have been out there and had my dog off leash without an issues.

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Yorktown works for us, we're open most weekends as I don't work weekends (government job) and he works one or two Saturdays a month.

I wouldn't be able to let Chloe off leash, her recall has been smashed with our Foster dog AND being the hound that she is, if there is a scent that is far more interesting than mommy she's going after the scent. I've determined to get her back into training once the foster leaves, got some issues to sort out but nothing major.

@akturbo - nice to know people are nearby! I'll send you a pm, we are open to options

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Melinda (tuxedojack) would be interested but we'd have to do an earlier date with her.
I might do a long line for Juno because I don't want trouble either. She's still a baby.

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Alright well I'm available any weekend in January expect New Years weekend and the following weekend (the 7th - 8th).

So we have Yorktown as a place, just pick a date :D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts