Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really blew it this time. The wife and I are headed to Oregon for 10 days (sans dobie). We had everything worked out so the breeder would board Tank - or so I thought. One thing led to another and now we are without someone to look after Tank (my fault, not breeder).

Anyway, my question is this -

Does anyone know of a reasonable place that will board Tank (10 months, intact) around Orange County / SoCal?

I know there are hundreds out there, but the places I find online will not board an intact dog.

Thanks for any help.
Dom

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're probably going to have a lot of trouble finding a place to take in an intact dobbie.

I think you're best bet is to reach out to a friend or dog sitter.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I live in Oceanside, it's between San Diego and Orange Co. I take Oliver to this place, I don't see anything about intact, but you can call them. You can read about the owner (his background with dobes) and they also have a location in La Jolla (haven't been there).
Fon Jon Pet Care & Oceanside Pet Hotel
I highly recommend them. Oliver's professor is there too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys, thanks for the response

We ended up just going down our contact list - should be a very interesting week for this family.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I'm in the Inland Empire, and have boarded intact males for years, never had a problem finidng a place who'd take one.

In Orange County, I've used Yorba Regional Animal Hospital, (Anaheim Hills) which also has a very deluxe boarding facility in addition to their vet clinic. Not cheap, tho...

In Riverside County I've used Kenner's Kennel in Mira Loma, and Regency Pet Hotel in Fontana.

Another quality boarding kennel is in San Bernardino County, Coventry Pet Resort in Redlands. My good friend, Linda Rayman (long time doberman breeder) is the person who lives on the premises there, and does night watchman duties there. Bill Shelton, long time doberman handler and now an AKC judge, also works there during the day, I believe he's the manager.

Every one of these places will take intact males. I use Kenner's the most, because it's closest to my house. It's a small family owned kennel-nothing fancy about it, but the quality of care there is excellent. But I'd have no problem leaving my dogs (again) at any of the other places I've mentioned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts