Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, guys call me crazy but I am getting another doberman today
she "Summer" is an 18 month old female black and tan cropped.
The owner moved away and left the girl with MOM, Now mom is sick and can not take care of the dogs. I am going to adopted Summer. If by chance she does not get along with my gang I will do a foster for now till I can find her a new home. I just hate to see a Doberman go to the pound or to owners that have no idea of how to raise a dobeman.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, a new update! I know the breeder I think, because Spirit is the Stud dog. so this maybe one of Spirit's Daughters! What a small world!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I would do the same thing.

all dog people are crazy

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I would take her in too if I were you...and if I didn't live with my parents I would probably take her if things didnt work out at your house! lol same rules as long as she got along with Duch and coco. lol

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
You are as crazy as me girl, but we are crazy in the best possible way,give her a chance,we all deserve at least one attempt at happiness.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not crazy, I'd do the same. I'd have a dozen if hubby would let me but I stick to 3 now. Best of luck with them all getting along, I am sure you can pull it off.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
CRAZY

Okay there you go! Best wishes, what a housefull! But glad to see you helping her out!

Can you contact the owner of the bitch that Spirit was bred to? Maybe she can help out too since it was a pup from her litter.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
frznbuns said:
Well, a new update! I know the breeder I think, because Spirit is the Stud dog. so this maybe one of Spirit's Daughters! What a small world!

You're crazy :3dbiggrin
I don't get it though... If Spirit is listed as the stud dog, isn't she definitely his daughter and wouldn't that make you (at least in part) her breeder?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is a long update!!
I am not sure if this is the same breeder as there are two people by the same name (just different spellings of the last name) that have dobermans around our area. One lives in my town, that is the one I let Spirit breed to and the other lives about 100 away. The lady I got Summer from last night said that she knows the name of the man but she does not know if Summer was from my city or out of town, her son was not living with her at the time he got the Summer.
I should be finding out by Monday or Tuesday more details. Summer is a very pretty doberman, Nice lines, pretty coat and markings, Sweet!
I really feel bad for the family, Son is gone, Mother is VERYsick! When I went to go get Summer, the lady look horrible!
She was in Tears as she gave me Summer and sign her over to me! I told her that if things changed in the next couple of days, I would bring Summer back. But I wanted to take the burden off of her of raising and caring for Summer.
Last night, Oh what terrible at our house. Hubby didn't care! He is so great!!
She has met all the dogs and is not happy. Iris likes her and wants to play, but Summer keeps snapping at her. Iris just tries to get her to play again and again. Good Girl Iris! Spirit thought" Wow what a cutie" Hubba Hubba but he is so big and strong we only let him sniff her as we kept her on a leash.
Raven wants nothing to do with her, it was like "Great another dog" "look girl this is my house and I do what I please so stay away from me till I till you it is alright" Gypsy is a different story, she does not like her so far and we are keeping the apart. Cats are pissed! It was like "Hell another dog" that Sucks"
Last night She slept with me in the guest bedroom, IN THE BED! now you all know that I do not let the dogs sleep with us but I felt bad for her! I know "sucker"! Went pretty good, If having a dog take up all the a twin bed and then have her head and nose almost in my eye all night is good.
She is really sticking to my side this morning! Talk about velcro dog!!
I will have some photos tonight.
By the way.. If she does not work out here if anyone would like to adopt her, let me know! I just want her to have a good home!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Oh my gosh.. from the sounds of her she sounds great. If i lived closer i know i would take her off your hands. my boys would go nuts LOL. but she sounds great so far! I cant wait to see pics of her.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah or yours GM!!

Good luck Frznbuns, see things work out for the best, you were considering a pup a while back, and you decided against it, and now you have room for this girl! Even if you just foster her.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Do you think Summer will settle in and stop the snapping? I have heard when you bring a new dog into the house you keep them in seperate areas of the house...and then after awhile you switch them into the other areas...so they get use to the smell...
We definately need photos :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yes we have kept her seperate for the last 2 days and introduced slowly!
we are doing so good so far, i am really keeping my feelers out for a new home Not that I would not like to keep her! heeHee but with such a small house and little yard 4 dogs is the max and the city does not like more than 4 either. I know my neighbors would be having a shi&** fit it they find out!
I will have photos today!!!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
let us know if summer starts settling in and stops snapping...My mom and dad probably wouldnt say yes...but atleast I can ...mention...lol it.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
she is getting so much better, we have her with Iris and Raven at the moment and she is doing fine! Would love to find her a loving forever home!!! Hint Hint!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts