Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh my goodness, the princess is taking a nap... she is a handful! :) Her brothers are being very patient with her and she is learning how to be a good girl (slowly). She is now "sitting" for everything and is starting to get the hang of "down"
She has the best personality ever, almost fearless :kiss:

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She is :) brand new & full of spunk!!

Reactions: Sinister

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
(So, I figured I could just continue adding "Adventures of Cadence" to the same post instead of starting new threads)

The story thus far; Cadence has conquered many of life's obstacles....
1. tracking

2.swimming (her version)

3.climbing

4. words of wisdom

5. slaying dragons

6. life behind bars

7. facing an ammo fly-by

8. fighting weeds

9. guard duty

10. & most importantly, what outfit to wear today?

strutting her stuff

Stay tuned for more big adventures..... :)

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today's adventure.... going to the farm! Cadence did fabulous, got scared when she heard the tractor for the first time but got used to the noise after a bit. No pics :( I wanted to be hands on with her the whole time so couldnt take any. Maybe next time :cowgirl:
Any suggestions on how/what to help get her use to loud noises? (she also heard the garbage truck the other day and sprinted back to the front door) She is confident and pretty bold with most other things, for now she doesnt care for super loud noises.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Well she is just the cutest girl, and quite the fashion diva. She is going to give the boys a run for the money. I love the "life behind bars" and her jean skirt. You are going to be so busy.

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol, i think she prefers streaking! :)

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have been dealing with slightly swollen lymph nodes for the past 2 weeks :( Luckily (after much time spent at the vetschool) she is on the mend and apparently had a case of "puppy strangles" Dont worry, it has not slowed her down!

Who me?

Her current favorite toy is an empty coffee canister....

·
Premium Member
8,434 Posts
Roxy grew up with construction for the first year of her life. Jack hammers, nail guns, hammering, you name it. My house was in total destruction. I kept her on her leash next to me and gave her reassurance with petting and soft talking. I would tell her when the boys would be coming(construction men) every day before they would arrive. Some days her and I would have to hold up in the master bedroom due to the construction. She slept on the bed and I watch TV. In the long run it was the best thing for her. When it came time for her CDC test and Therapy Dog Inc. test and they would bang and make loud noises, Roxy would be laying down and lift her head up as to say, Is that all you got?

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks DOBEGAL, she has been getting much better and learning to leash walk has really given me the chance to expose her to more than just our yard. Now she just freezes when she gets scared of loud noises as opposed to running away like she was doing at first. I have been getting my husband to run his noisy tools like aircompressor, chain saw, etc with Cadence around and she is slowly getting used to it.

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
That is one precious puppy! OMG, I actually have puppy fever! No! No! NOOOO!

Reactions: DobieGal15

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Send her to me for a bit and I'll get over my puppy fever and send her back to you when she's even more spoiled. She's adorable. Is that a bikini?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts