Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dobe does this really funny thing I've never seen another dog do before , and I'm wondering if it's a breed thing, like the way she leans into me. When she's playing with my other dogs, she likes to take her butt/hips, and jump at them (yes with her butt, LOL), slamming them with her rear! It's so funny, and always instigates a game of chase. She does it over and over, and then takes off from the other dogs so they can play "try to catch me!" Does anyone else's Dobe do this? :roflmao:

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
When Dreizehn plays he will plant his front feet and spin around. I call it his round house kick.
I've seen other breeds do it, but not as often.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
When Dreizehn plays he will plant his front feet and spin around. I call it his round house kick.
I've seen other breeds do it, but not as often.
Yep, this is Niz's signature move, too. He'll smack other dogs in the face with his butt or thigh.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
My Vizslas do this more than my Dobes have. Flirt is more full on rough and tumble if she can. The vizslas much prefer a sly butt bump vs a full on rumble.

Reactions: DobermanLuv

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
" the Patented Doberman Flying Bum Check"

All our Dobies have done it.
Start with front feet planted, spin back end through the air 180 degrees taking out everything in its path. Sometimes front end comes off the ground and move can become a full 360. Its definatly a Doberman thing. All our older dogs teach the younger ones to do it. Chaos can still do it and she only has one front leg.
Mostly our guys do it when playing with their doggie friends. I know enough to get out of the way.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Yup! We call it the roll back/fadeaway. He basically just dodges the other dogs by doing so and the other dogs never realize whats happening haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
My ES does it all the time. It's her sneaky way of jumping the cat without a swipe to the face. She'll do it to us as well when she's amped up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
When I'm wrestling with Diesel when he wants me to get out of bed, he has taken to spinning round and dropping his hips on my stomach with extreme force, he thinks it's very funny. So do I, the first time :lol: It's like a butt slam with help from gravity.

He's good at slamming me in the legs too when he's hyper.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Toby occasionally say when we are at the beach on soft sand has a terrible habit of zooming around then slamming his bum into my legs to stop himself. I can't tell you the number of times I have gone flying because of it. Of course when mum is on the floor it either elicits concern or 'ooohhhh brilliant, mum is a bouncy castle' and he jumps onto me with both front feet close together and boy does it have an impact.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Oh yes! Prime does this often with other dogs. He really puts on a show to impress them. The funniest breed I've seen do the butt slam is a Newfie!

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,422 Posts
We always called it the Spin--Body Slam, but I think all these different names describe the same thing---I do believe it's a Doberman specialty. At least all four of mine have been experts at it--though Capri sometimes does a dive-for-the-feet-roll variation.

I wish I had a video--these things show up best in motion.

·
Premium Member
10,246 Posts
All of my Dobes and the Afghan Hound as well as the Australian Shepherd have done it--actually the Afghan was the best at it--he could swap ends even better than a Dobe.

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Java does this. He prefers to do it unexpectedly, when Violet is perhaps calmly chewing a bone (note that Violet is rarely calm, and these moments are cherished), and then run. Occasionally he makes it a one-two punch that only a doberman could deliver by throwing in a fart at the moment of impact.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts