Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zara (AKA Bum-dog) has been a busy girl of late, we have our BH booked for next month so upping our game!

We passed out CGC Bronze the other week with flying colours too.

Every time i see this photo it makes me smile, its the first time i have let her out on the full 10m line, she was going so nice and steady and it felt so good to watch her get every foot print. Track was 60-90 mins old, bait in the odd step here and there, about 150 paces with left and right 90degree turns.

Not the best picture of her obedience but my camera lady was struggling!

This was only her 2nd time over the A frame, she took to it very well, went all the way down the board and didnt jump from the top, she retrieved over it too.

Retrieving her ball coming back over the jump. :) Dumbbells are being introduced this week.

This was taken today, the first time with this helper too.

And of course... doing both ends of it.. working and showing! This pic was her with her 3rd place at Crufts this year!

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Congrats!

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Congratulations! You two are working VERY hard! Wow!

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
Great pictures. Love the A-frame shot.

Questions: Why is she called "bum dog"?

And what class did she win 3rd in at Crufts? Crufts is the big show in the UK, isn't it? That's awesome. Congratulations!

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for supporting the working dogs who can also excel at conformation!! The overall picture of the dog imo is so much more important than only being able to do one side of it all.

Pretty dobergirl as well!! You all look like your ready to trial!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha.. well the nick name "bum" came about when she was about 12 weeks and she would dig everything up, all you ever saw of her was her bum in the air and dirt flying!
More.people know her as bum than they do as zara and when we were doing our CGC they almost put bum on it and not zara!

We placed 3rd out of 10 I think in yearling bitch at crufts, I was so pleased, her brother won his class!

working your dog over here puts you in a severe minority , there are less than 40 UK bred dogs with a BH and les than 20 with any form of Ipo qualified dogs.

zara is also trained as a narcotics detection dog too!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Wow!!

Looks like you two are having fun too!

Congrats on the CGC and good luck with the upcoming BH!

Hugz to Zara!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I just saw these...the pictures are great! Zara looks like she really enjoys the bite work! Good luck with the BH! :)

Jan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts