Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you have used a buster cube with your dogs... For the most part Chi is just a pleasure to have but sometimes she is quite the pain in the butt :) Normally around 6:30 or 7:00 at night she gets this burst of energy and drives everyone in the house nuts. Unfortunately I can't get out of the house to take her for her nightly walk until around 9:00. So when I can I'll engage her in a game of tug or fetch or something but sometimes I'm tied up with other non-dog related activities (I know, perish the thought :) ) Am thinking of getting a buster cube for these occassions but wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them first...

TIA

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've never tried the buster cube before but I have another toy with that same idea called Biscuit Block This toy has rescued my sanity on more than a few occasions and Ava adores it! My only complaint is that she throws it in order to knock the cookies loose inside and has cleared the coffee table with it more times than I care to mention. Other than that, it's withstood Ava's wrath and it still intact to this day.

I highly recommend it to anyone that has a dog with mental energy to burn. :biggthump

·
Registered
281 Posts
Im not sure what a Buster Ball is But The best thing i have ever spent my money on is a Treat Ball/Boredom Reliever for Horses. Harvey got soo bored of his kong and i couldnt play with him 24/7 and a friend used one for her gun dogs to keep them active. They are a real large hard ball (about the size of a football) with holes cut out and you can fill it with treats. And Harvey hasnt destroyed it and he has had it nearly a year. It gives him loads of exercise aswell :)

·
Banned
675 Posts
I wouldn't use a Buster Cube if you're not in the house in case anything happens. That's because I once thought about using one for Mic to help keep him occupied during the day while I was at work. Before doing that, I gave it to him a few times to see if he liked it and how it went. The first few times were okay, he got the kibbles out and he was interested. Then one night I was in the kitchen washing dishes and heard a loud cracking noise from the living room. I went in there to see that Mic had managed to pull the central cylinder out of the cube and was trying to eat it. That was the last time he got to play with it. It would have been okay if he only got it when I was there, but if he'd been alone with all day he could have been injured, or had it stuck inside and needed surgery, or even worse.

·
Extraordimary
4,927 Posts
I have one although it's usually under a bed somewhere and lost.

A few of my dogs really love it, but they can get aggressive amongst themselves fighting for the food that trickles out. For that reason, it may be best in a one-dog setting.

And yes, it sure is loud and obnoxious to have around even on carpet. If you think you're going to have peace while the dog is playing with it, think again. It may keep them occupied but it's extremely noisy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts