Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't think Diesel has pockets BUT when he's super alert the tips touch and it drives me nuts. I was looking through old threads and want to use bumpers but I'm still kind of confused. Here's my questions.

1. What would cause his ears to touch if it's not pockets?
2. Where should the bumpers be facing? Towards the back or towards the skull?
3. How exactly do bumpers fix the problem?
4. He's 16 weeks can they still be corrected?

Any suggestions on how to help this would be great. We use a bridge in between his ears if that makes a difference. Pictures are very helpful. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what happens when there are pockets. The bumper is placed at the pocket location, inside the ear.

photo credit: Joney'smom
Are his ears always like that cause when he's just alert they stand at 12:00 that's why I'm not sure if it's pockets or not.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
bumper towards the skull .... try a couple of postings without a bridge and see if there is any improvements...........you could do the bumpers too I guess, wouldn't hurt.

also..........when you post em..........pull the ears out to the side while you tape em.in about a 2:00 and a 10:00 position., so they hang out from the head a bit.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bumper towards the skull .... try a couple of postings without a bridge and see if there is any improvements...........you could do the bumpers too I guess, wouldn't hurt.

also..........when you post em..........pull the ears out to the side while you tape em.in about a 2:00 and a 10:00 position., so they hang out from the head a bit.
We'll try no bridge and see how that goes and use bumpers if we need to.

Pulling them out won't hurt them from standing up?

·
30,675 Posts
no....it will help with the tipping in problem.

it will also help strengthen the ears.he will need to pull them up when he 'uses' them..exercise them so to speak.

:)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no....it will help with the tipping in problem.

it will also help strengthen the ears.he will need to pull them up when he 'uses' them..exercise them so to speak.

:)
Now I'm excited haha hopefully that solves the problem. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I sent an email to diesels breeder just to see what he suggested since he's the one who showed me how to post and he agreed to remove the bridge try that for a few weeks and if the doesn't work then to try a reverse bridge that he'll show us. I've never heard of that so hopefully this way works.

Thank you everyone for your advice :)

·
30,675 Posts
a reverse bridge is...around one ear.....under the throat (chin did not sound right. :) )....and then around the other ear. :)

i do have copies of some drawings that show all this......just cannot remember where i put them...............

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
a reverse bridge is...around one ear.....under the throat (chin did not sound right. :) )....and then around the other ear. :)

i do have copies of some drawings that show all this......just cannot remember where i put them...............
Oh geez I can see Diesel just loving that haha

Well if you find them feel free to share:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts