Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt figure out why I kept smelling that pungent bully stick smell in my living room when my pup nor his bully stix were anywhere to be seen, then I discovered why: 19 week old Kaiser has a new interesting habit.

He hides his bully stix in between the cushions of the couch! He is not allowed on the couch, so he will approach from the side and crane his neck over the low arm and shove his bully stick in between the cushions.

Today I pulled one out of the cushion and he looked at me like 'hey put that back!' I think he is stock piling them cos he eats half and hides it, so I give him another one unwittingly thinking he ate all of it. I am on to him now :)

haha this furkid cracks me up. Has anyone else out there discovered odd hiding places?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
My girl would never hide food (that's for eating NOW!), but she has stashed all sorts of things in all sorts of places.

One of the Sacred, Holy Toys in my house is the simple rubber ring. There are probably four or five of them slid between the wall and the head of my bed. I have found a whole row of them inserted between the belt and the housing on the underside of a treadmill. I would bet I have bought twenty of them, and I know for sure where only one of them is right now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
. I have found a whole row of them inserted between the belt and the housing on the underside of a treadmill. I would bet I have bought twenty of them, and I know for sure where only one of them is right now.
Hey I wonder if that is why my treadmill doesnt run right?! oh wait, it does I just never use it. hehe

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ha! Koa tries to hide things in the couch also ... but he only leaves them there for like two minutes, then he dives in to get them like he forgot they were there.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,446 Posts
Our last girl would hide her toys behind the couch cushions, while we were sitting there. She always looked chagrinned when we found them right away.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Yes.

I often have boxes of client records here in my office. One went back to the client with three half chewed bullies I guess.

Thank gawd it was a client who had used to own a dobie at one time...

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Gunner doesn't hide food, but he does hide his toys. The bathtub is his favorite place to stash a toy...don't ask me why. Last night before bathing the kids I had to remove his rope tug, a tennis ball, and his stuffed monkey :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok we have couches, bathtubs (maybe he thinks they need to be washed? lol!), boxes of papers for work, treadmills, behind the headboard of the bed....wow these kiddos are creative!

I can also add my first dobie used to hide his nylabone in the house plants. He loved that thing, I think he had it for like a year and only took it out on special occasions. LOL

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
I think it's their way of justifying to themselves that they want a piece of the couch, when they know they are not allowed on their.
My Lady use to throw the bone on the couch and try desperately to get on the couch and make her claim. My Nubis now grasps he is not allowed on the furniture (down the road hehe) so his latest game is let chew beside the couch cushion and use it as a propping support. It really ain't working well for him bcuz I have seen that game before. So my game is (no couch, no bone) and I place it on HIS floor bed/cushion. Lol

Reactions: codobegirl

·
Registered
884 Posts
Maiya hides bully sticks and socks in the couch and chair cushions. I've watched her "bury" them there and have to laugh at the way she does it.

Once my bottom desk drawer was open and she kept poking her nose in the drawer. After this went on for some time, I took a closer look and found an old bully stick stuck in between some papers in the drawer. I don't know how long it had been there. She has also hidden her bully stick in the magazine rack and then later pawed and barked until I fished it out for her.

I often find slippers, t-shirts and socks in her toy box.

None of my other dogs have ever hid items like that.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Whiskey hides his toys on the stairs. If I'm upstairs doing some washing he'll take toys from the bedroom and drop them from the top stair to see if Mom will break her neck on the way down!

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
I really think their burying treasures instinct is from their terrier genetics.
I know when my Kaiser ripped the back of our sectional into shreds it was bcuz of a long lost bone he misplaced when he was a pup. I analyized the crap out of the situation trying to fathom why would he was so vengeful with the destruction. When we moved and moved the couch away the bone was stuck between the couch and the wall
It all made sense then lol

Reactions: codobegirl

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha! they all have their little hiding places done they! so cute.

Whiskey hides his toys on the stairs. If I'm upstairs doing some washing he'll take toys from the bedroom and drop them from the top stair to see if Mom will break her neck on the way down!
Whiskey - Kaiser does the same thing to us with his toys. The kongs are especially deadly!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts