Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not get Buddy's pictures taken today but did take Buddy & Patches to the vet office where Buddy's first Mom(Breeder) works she cut Buddy's toenails & Patches toenails they both have all black nails. Then Buddy got a bath she thought Buddy's ears were fine liked the Breathe Right strips did not think they needed to be posted any longer.Asked about the creases she said they were the normal part of the ear. I guess I just have first time Mom to a Dobe jitters just do not want to mess up his ears.She thought Buddy looked good told her I was feeding Canidae she said she had fed it in the past. All the dogs loved it great coats,loved the food but no body fat on them??? She said they were bones,muscle and she wanted a little more fat on them she was showing at the time.You cannot see his ribs so guess he is not too fat or too thin.Just a skinny pup.
Too get rain in Oklahoma guess it pays to get the dog washed we are 8" down on rain this year wonder what would happen if everyone washed their dogs & cars maybe more rain.We are having fires start back up again too so hope we get enough rain to put a stop to that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I worried about the creases in Maggie's ears a few months back, but it's normal as long as they can throw them back up erect when alert.
Maggie is 7 months, and I was worried she didn't have enough fat as well. I feed 4 1/2 cups of Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul, along with a small amount of fresh food, such as eggs, yogurt, fresh meat, carrots, cheese, and cottage cheese. I think it's more of a puppy thing and they will fill out as they hit maturity. (I'd rather see a slim dobe anyday a fat one - ugly!).

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
We all worry I think, but it sounds to me like Buddy is perfect. You don't want to grow them too fast. Congrate on the ears being done, but keep an eye on them and be ready to put them back up IF they start to fall.... this is just what I've heard, I'm not there yet myself with FiFi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts