Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was raining so I put Buddy in his crate and gave him the big raw Ham Bone checked on him once in awhile. Buddy did not touch the Ham Bone???? he did cover it up with his blanet??? ,so a couple of hours later I took him outside I put the Ham Bone in a zip lock bag and put in the freezer did not know what else to do with it. Should I throw it away??? Give it to him in the backyard at a later date If I did that I would have to go find it every time I let Patches out. Isn't it odd he did not chew on the bone it was his first RAW anything.
This afternoon he did allot of whinning and woofing in the house but did not act sick or anything he is now asleep in his crate no whining or woofing.
Patches Mom

·
Registered
891 Posts
Mmmm I don't know, try giving it to him in the crate again and if he doesn't mess with it throw it out. Is he eating ok? Peeing and pooping ok? Maybe he was just having a bad day, I'd keep an eye on him. Let us know how he is tomorrow please:)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
give it to him another day outside. Now it was from a RAW ham, right, not smoked?

Reactions: Patches Mom

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
One of mine as a puppy didn't like to eat bones in crates (that I left to keep the puppy busy) unless I was right there.

Reactions: Patches Mom

·
Registered
986 Posts
If Buddy hid it under his blanket then it has value to him. He may not understand what it is! Does he normally get treats and toys in his crate? To this day, whenever I give Oscar any raw meaty bone he wants to PLAY WITH IT for a while first. I bet you'd see a different reaction if you gave the ham bone to Buddy outside in the yard. One day, why don't you give him a couple hours alone with it outside. THEN if there's anything left of it pick it up and throw it away before you let Patches out. Also, be advised, if it's his first raw bone, he may spend an hour looking for a really good hiding place to bury it in the back yard. Hungry dogs tend to eat the bone while full dogs tend to bury them. So maybe give it to him before mealtime.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have to go with Sooz's question too........does he normally get treats or food in his crate??

Orson done something very similar with his food. I was running sooooooo late one morning that I barely had time to get myself ready for work......so I dished the dogs food out and put Orson in his crate to eat it. My son was home, but sleeping, and I figured I would call from work for him to take Orson out in about an hour or so. Orson NEVER has had to eat or drink in his crate since he has been here.

As it turned out I didn't need to call........My phone was ringing when I got to my desk, it was my son saying Orson wouldn't eat his breakfast........instead he kept covering it up with his blanket. I told Steve to get him out of the crate and put his food dish in the regular spot. Orson gobbled it down no problems..............GO FIGURE??

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buddy eating drinking & pooping fine he has started this woofing & whining more directed at my husband I think he Buddy is asking my husband to play with him. This is strange because Buddy has lived here since he was 16 weeks old all DH has ever done is pet him on the head or held his leash a couple of times.
Back to the Ham Bone it was called a RMB??? it was from Prairie raw foods freezer at where I buy my Candie dog food.
Will try it outside then if he does not eat it I will throw it away.
Thanks for all information.
Patches Mom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts