Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you do not mind a story happened last night, Buddy outside barking like crazy a different serouis bark. I went out turned on the back light Buddy came running up all his hair was standing up on his back,he was growling charged out to the back wall. I went in the house got a flashlight & shoes on went back out Buddy still rasing hell at the back wall. I walked out huge black cat on the wall so I said shoo just laid there, I picked up a stick and gentley pushed the cat off the wall. Buddy was so happy I knew he would never eat his dinner with that cat back there it was his dinner time anyway.As I may have said before be have a Cement Business behind us they make the big cement blocks all kinds of wild life back there Hawks,Owl's fox,possoms,bats,rats,& mice & and now seems like Feral Cats heard them yellowling the other night & no telling what else is over there always worry when my little girl s Patches & Gizmo go out in the back yard. Now that we have Buddy I worry a little less all the wild life knows there is a big dog here now. It was very interesting a few years ago there was a Fox up on top of the cement block stacks at least 8 feet high the cement wall is 6 ft high the stcks are taller than the wall. The fox was just up there laying in the sun took pictures of it, have heard from neighbors a Fox family lives over there.
Patches Mom

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
What a good guard dog! Hopefully the hawks keep the mouse pop'n under control. I'm not a huge fan of critters - possums give me the willies...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Gotta love wildlife, keeps my 2 busy "protecting". We have fox, racoons, deer, turkey and several weeks ago bear have been spotted in the area!!! There have been several times I had a major problem getting Peewee inside to go to bed!!!

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Possums another short story really funny,husband took down cyclone fence years & years ago had put up 6ft wood fence.At the time we had a AM Staff & rescue German Shepard they were barking I went out 2 Possums in the yard rolled up.I put the dogs in the house.Hubby put on welding gloves took a shovel tried to get the live rolled up Possum onto the shovel to throw them over the fence.Well every time he tried to get the Possum onto the shovel it would roll I was laughing so hard I could not stand up.They went all over the back yard that way he finely got them over the fence,sure was funny.
Patches Mom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts