Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well going to try & put Buddy in his new coat & muffs pictures on the forum but most likely will get told they are too big I have made them as small as I know how I don't know much about computers drives me crazy.Yeah it worked do not know how but it worked. in the second pic of Buddy the ear muffs are hanging upside down they did not stay on well at all put them back on a dozen times to get the pictures.Patches coat is just like Buddy's or vs versa.
Patches mom

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Those are cute. You took my words exactly LTH. He looks like a red horned devil. Haha!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I like those ear muffs.

Buddy's a good looking boy!

I know what you mean about computers driving you crazy. My computer has it's own photo issues.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Looks like Mischa has a partner in crime in the Devil department :)

They certainly get them noticed lovely bright red and a high vis stripe to go.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Very nice coat and yes he does look like a little devil.

·
Registered
986 Posts
He sure is a good-looking fella! And as long as his body stays warm, I say use the horns to store treats on your walks!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Awwww look at him with his little horns!! Too cute! Nice coats, they look lovely and warm. I like Sooz's idea for the ear muffs:emo:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Very nice, I agree with everyone else on the "Devil" issue, and may I say a wonderful job posting those pictures :)

One word of warning for you since buddy is about the same age as Mr. Orson,
don't let him wear the coat unspupervised!! Our house can get drafty and my husband thought it would be ok to leave Orsons on for a while after coming in......................WRONG!! The little goober went over in the corner, laid down with his back to us, and chewed the front part where the velcro is!! Now I have to try and fix it or buy a new one.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Last week we had an unseasonable blast of cold air for 2 days. (Yikes! Hats off to you cold-weather people!) Anyway, we had to get innovative fast if we wanted to be warm since the pet stores here have no apparel to fit big boys! So check out my little angel modeling his varsity hooded sweatshirt from Wal-Mart. He even wore it to training class. (Little Boys' Dept., $7 on clearance, comes w/a baseball cap.) Sizewise, the legs were the right length and it was pee and poopable w/o the need to take it off. He ran and played in it all day ! Good for cold dry weather...probably not the best idea for outdoors in wet snow, though. He pretty much thought he was "Joe Cool":

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
great!
My Dobe puppies have not bothered their coats, but I didn't leave them on unsupervised until older.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Sooz said:
...................... He pretty much thought he was "Joe Cool":
Perhaps he hasn't made himself perfectly clear............HE IS JOE COOL! LOL

and D&D........we didn't think he was unsupervised, we were in the same room. He was just sneaky about it!! Little monster!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Patches Mom - Buddy is a GREAT looking dog, I dont think I have ever seen pics of him before. I love his coat, and his ear muffs. The ear muffs kinda look like the ones I made for Rommel when I got his ears cropped to protect the edges. Great Pics :D Now hopefully we will get pics of Buddy more often :D

Sooz - I do that too!!! Pipers shirts are Kids shirts...and Piper and Rommels USMC shirts are both kids also :D

ACooper- Your siggy isnt working :(

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do Not trust Buddy heck he was in the crate for a short time while the girls were outside ate part of his bed he is 9 months old. He use to bother his coat but now that it is 30* out side with a wind chill of about 16* he does not touch his coat so far have to watch him like a hawk.Do Male Dobe's ever get trust worthy to leave loose on the house???? or do I have to wait till he is ten years old???Will try to take more Pictures of the Big Brat recently he thinks Patches is a Chew Toy she had him by the face would not let go he got up and there she was hanging off his face she finely let go. Then Buddy had her by her collar dragging her around never a dull moment with those two I still keep Buddy on a leash when they are playing in the house. I still wonder if Buddy will ever grow into that ear crop they gave him almost looks like a Jack_ _ _ he sometimes acts like one too.
Patches Mom
Patches Mom

·
Registered
986 Posts
JavasMom said:
Great idea Sooz!! What size is it, for those of use who wish to steal your idea??
JM, Oscar currently wears a medium (boys' 8-10). Here is his Care Bears fleece lined shirt (reg. $19 reduced to $7),but for sheer trunk warmth, you can't beat the plain old Hanes sweatshirt available everyday for $4.88. BTW, a vicious man-eating beast has a reputation to uphold, so we do NOT go out in public in our little Care Bears outfit.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think Oscar and Buddy are about the same age,Buddy 9 months old he weighs about 87# how much does Oscar weigh? So far have not been able to get his height asked hubby to help has not happened yet.When Oscar has the sweat shirt on is it baggy in the back? Thanks for any info may try to get Buddy a kids sweat shirt would be cheaper than a coat. The red coat is very light weight the material is water resistance also wind resistance has a light weight fleece inside.Bought it from Toni, BlackDog Farms.com for $45.00 wanted a cheaper coat due to the fact Buddy is a puppy a large puppy but thought he would out grow it plus he may eat it.Here in Oklahoma we have allot of wind plus ice,snow,sleet & freezing rain at times.
Patches Mom

1 - 20 of 30 Posts