Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Bruno's off to Obedience in April

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  mmloda 
Congrats on starting the classes, they should be lots of fun for the both of you. On the subject of your ex sisterin law, its kind of hard to make someone understand your point just in writing. Has she been around Bruno? If not that would really help your cause, once she sees how friendly/well behaved Bruno is and how responsible you are as the owner she will start to see things differently. Just by writing to her or showing her a write up in my opinion won't really do anything....sorry.

What to expect from an obedience class.....lets see what I remember. There will be lots of new buddies to play with for sure, and while some may be very friendly some may not be. But working in a group environment with lots of distractions really helps to get the puppy ready for the real world. You will probably work on your basic commands such as: sit, stay, come, and move to heeling on lead, and maybe just maybe off lead. You shouldn't have any problems....dobies are great learners as I am sure you have learned already.

Good luck and have fun!!!
Naveen

Codysmom said:
LMB - here's another angle. you may not be able to change her mind as she may be using her daughter's exposure to Bruno - viscious beast that he is - as part of a custody/visitation issue in the divorce. I hope not, but just a thought.

cc

Good eye Codysmom!!! I'm not saying that she is that kind of a person, but you never know. But having Bruno around her and demonstrating a well behaved, loveable dog will be the best remidy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.