Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm just about 100% it's allergies my baby has. Anytime he's in long grass, or around grass that's just been cut. His nose just drips.

The vet told me to give him benadryl. But she really didn't tell me how. She just said for 4 weeks give it to him 2-3x a day. And since I don't use that vet office no longer and haven't gotten a new one for him. I'm not about to call and ask lol.

Do I just give him the whole capsal? I want him to stop suffering :( Poor thing. I know I have bad allergies and it's a KILLER when they act up.

Any help is apperciated. Thanks :)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Luv_my_Bruno said:
So, I'm just about 100% it's allergies my baby has. Anytime he's in long grass, or around grass that's just been cut. His nose just drips.

The vet told me to give him benadryl. But she really didn't tell me how. She just said for 4 weeks give it to him 2-3x a day. And since I don't use that vet office no longer and haven't gotten a new one for him. I'm not about to call and ask lol.

Do I just give him the whole capsal? I want him to stop suffering :( Poor thing. I know I have bad allergies and it's a KILLER when they act up.

Any help is apperciated. Thanks :)
This is the dosage for Benadryl given to me by my best friend, who's a veterinarian.

1 mg./1 lb. of body weight up to 3 times daily.

Bendaryl comes in 25 mg. capsules. So for a 60# bitch, I was told to give 2 capsules up to 3 times daily. A little less than the recommended dosage, but close enough to be effective.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Murreydobe said:
This is the dosage for Benadryl given to me by my best friend, who's a veterinarian.

Bendaryl comes in 25 mg. capsules. So for a 60# bitch, I was told to give 2 capsules up to 3 times daily. A little less than the recommended dosage, but close enough to be effective.
Thats a good formula to know! I have heard of people giving it to their pets before, but never knew how much was safe.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww allergies. Coco had bad bad allergies last year...and they are starting to come back again...hopefully just not as bad...since he has had a better home and getting better food, and less stress living with us. Does anyone with allergies know if there is something specific blooming this time of year lol. Good luck with Brunos allergies! I know they are a pain to have to maintain.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Murreydobe said:

Thanks! That's very helpful :)

LapDog--There are things each month that trigger allergies. I can NOT be near when someone cuts the grass lol. Even tho I enjoy doing it from time to time. But I pay for it when I'm done. For Bruno I believe it's the grass. Becasue only sometimes does he get a runny nose from sniffing the grass or being around freshly cut grass. So far I can only tell that he gets a reaction from the grass. Could be other things. But nothing that I've noticed.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I think Tia has reactions to grass as well,so i will be trying benadryl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts